JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

15-2117 JP1 questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: 15-2117 JP1 questions Reply with quote

I just got a 15-2117 and I'm planning on reprogramming it using JP1. I've got 3 things I currently can't do, and am curious if it's possible to solve all of these issues.

1. Power button in "My System" mode does nothing. I'd like to assign it to power on/off the TV.
2. I have my "sat" mode working my computer capture card's IR interface. I need to reprogram the exit button to a function that it recognizes.
3. I'd like the fav/scan button to do the same as the "fav" button on my motorola DCT-2000's remote from comcast.

All of these issues basically revolve around trying to use keymover/learn on keys which don't allow it. Power, exit, and fav/scan.

I'm new to all this so I'm not sure what I'll need. I'd like to try it without extenders if possible to keep things simple but I will do whatever is necessary.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 15-2117 JP1 questions Reply with quote

Xero wrote:
IAll of these issues basically revolve around trying to use keymover/learn on keys which don't allow it. Power, exit, and fav/scan.

Have you tried doing KeyMoves in IR. I don't have a 2117 but I thought the KeyMoves to power restriction was only when using the manual method. There is also a similar thread
Xero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 15-2117 JP1 questions Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:
Xero wrote:
IAll of these issues basically revolve around trying to use keymover/learn on keys which don't allow it. Power, exit, and fav/scan.

Have you tried doing KeyMoves in IR. I don't have a 2117 but I thought the KeyMoves to power restriction was only when using the manual method. There is also a similar thread

I don't have a JP1 cable yet, I was curious if all this was possible once I get one.
sfhub

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think fav/scan might be one of those buttons that only gets overridden
if you use extender. I forget, whether you can reprogram fav/scan
w/o extender.

You should be able to do everything you want, definitely with extender.

You might need to create a device upgrade for your capture card if you
end up using the extender because learned key memory is reused
to expand memory for keymoves, device/protocol upgrades. If there
isn't already a device upgrade someone created, I'm sure you can figure
it out with the help of folks here.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfhub wrote:
I think fav/scan might be one of those buttons that only gets overridden if you use extender. I forget, whether you can reprogram fav/scan w/o extender.

You can if you use the FAV/SCAN special protocol. Also, some of the hacked protocols have built in support for the FAV/SCAN button.
Xero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually haven't used IR learner for the capture card, I used the list of advanced codes and used keymover to program them in until I found ones that worked. What I did use the IR learner for is my air conditioner remote and the enter button for my cable box. I'd like to avoid using extender to keep things simpler because I've basically almost gotten everything perfect. I looked at the specials-protocols zip file and DSM and FAV/SCAN protocols are two that I know I'm going to want to use. I'm curious as to what protocols would include the fav/scan one.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A select few "hacked" protocols, such as the "ReplayTV" protocol and the "Device Combiner" will let you program the FAV/SCAN button directly in KM (and probably RM) but in most cases you will need to use the special protocol to program it.

If you do get into JP1, the first thing you should do is create an upgrade for both your air conditioner and your SAT card.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: 15-2117 JP1 questions Reply with quote

Xero wrote:

1. Power button in "My System" mode does nothing. I'd like to assign it to power on/off the TV.

I believe the power button in My System mode is fundamentally dead. Without using the extender, I'm pretty sure you can't fix that.

You may find a good enough combination of VPT and Keymoves in some other device mode that you decide My Sytem mode is entirely unnecessary. Otherwise, you should use the extender.

Xero wrote:

3. I'd like the fav/scan button to do the same as the "fav" button on my motorola DCT-2000's remote from comcast.

This thread already discussed the use of hacked protocols and special protocols for assigning a command to the fav/scan button. I just want to clarify that all that only applies if you aren't using the extender. If you are using the extender then fav/scan is an ordinary key programmed by ordinary KeyMoves.

In either case, it should be easy to find the EFC number for Motorola's fav command. (I put Motorola's fav command on the CH+ key and programmed a large fav list, because it is logical for ch+ to skip channels I rarely use. I just wish there were a reverse one for ch-).
Xero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's starting to sound like using the extender might end up making things easier, but I'll just have to mess with things once I get a JP1 cable (hopefully soon.) I failed at building one about three times already (trying to use scavenged parts.)
Xero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just purchased a jp1 cable. Hopefully it'll get here soon as I'm quite anxious to start messing with JP1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: