JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LKP/SKP for OFA 8060 without extender

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbyMan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: LKP/SKP for OFA 8060 without extender Reply with quote

As I do not have JP1 cable and it is not available where I live, I use KM+IR+IRtoWAV to download eprom in my Kameleon 8060.

I need special protocol Short/Long Key Press for 8060 which would work without extender, cause the current extender has a signature KAM1 that is not supported by downlading via internal modem.

The same story with ToadTog - if someone has it for 8060 w/o extender?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to go is to order the cable online from Hovis or Filebug (links in hardware section) then you eliminate all limitations of going the wav route.

The L/DKP is not currently available standalone but I will take a look at creating it. Shouldn't be too difficult just busy today.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Shouldn't be too difficult just busy today.

I'm sure clearer instructions and/or help for making an extender config with the non extender signature would do him more good. I don't have time for that myself.
HobbyMan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had found a way around. Just in the first raw in IR file manually changed codes 31 (the last number in KAM1) onto 45 (KAME).

It worked.

Another problem was to overcome impossibility of modem upgrading for 8060 after EXT1 was initiated by TV-Power pressing, cause it does not allow direct input of ADV codes. It was also solved by just removing batteries from power compartment. After this operation the remote returned to its initial state without Extender, that allows to make next modem upgrade.

I would use JP1, but it is a nightmare to get it here in RUS, especially with pogo-pin.

I have got another good case for those who do not have JP1 cable.
I have iPAQ 3970 with CIR. I got shareware for PDA VITO Oscilloscope (1.1 http://pda.surfnet.nl/pocket/preview/291979.html ot 2.1 www.vitotechnology.com/en/products/ppc.html) which decode IR signals from enternal sources and decode it in graphical format. From this format
I was able to decode used protocols and got EFC codes without JP1. It was not a simple thing, but was a way to decode signals only with iPAQ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: