JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sharp CX68NF5 Menu Code

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pivotal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Sharp CX68NF5 Menu Code Reply with quote

- I don't have a JP1 remote.
- I don't have a learning remote.

I do have a OFA 4 Digital, and it operates my Sharp TV perfectly except for one thing:
The menu key takes me straight to the 'Features' submenu.

Current codes I have tested from the 0093 advanced code page:
- 477 does the same thing as current ('Features' submenu)
- 510 does 'Sound' submenu
- 258 does 'Picture' submenu

But nothing will get me to the main 'Menu', as the Menu key on the original remote.

I've also tried some of the 'Menu' codes from the several Sharp setup files on Yahoo. No joy.

Has anyone got a fairly modern Sharp TV and managed to get the main menu to come up?
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried EFC 242. It is the menu command for every Sharp TV, LCD display, and Plasma that I have in my files. I suspect that is already on your OFA menu button, but sometimes they just make a mistake.

Normally, I would suggest you try all 256 EFC's but I was helping someone else with a Sharp TV/VCR combo that did that and one of the commands made it stop working.

If your OEM remote has a command that works, then either get an OFA remote that supports learning or better yet get a JP1 capable remote and the cable, do a device upgrade and you may find that you can program discrete power commands and discrete input commands, too.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pivotal, I want to thank you for one of the most complete code search posts that I have seen yet. You obviously read the #1 FAQ first, I just wish everyone would. Welcome to the forums.
pivotal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh thanks Rob - I was actually worried I'd get flamed for posting a non-JP1 question on a JP1 forum. Laughing

Jon: thanks for the tips. If I recall, I think I tried 242 with zero results. I was thinking the same thing about going through all codes, but then I saw some scary comments re test codes on the 0093 advanced page.

Is there any PC software that I could run on my laptop to 'learn' the code from the existing remote?

The local OFA suppliers have been pretty helpful. They gave me some codes to try, but none worked. Now they're suggesting I send a picture of the old remote so they can forward it to OFA in Holland. Surprised Laughing

Yeah this is my first universal remote believe it or not...can't believe I waited so long! Very nice remote, but now I'm regretting not getting a nicer one with learning and macros - I'm forever going "Sat: On, TV: On, TV: AV1" etc. At least this model has volume punch-through so I can leave it on Sat 99% of the time.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Remote Chart, the URC7544 IS JP1 compatible, so it might be worth trying. I know that there are two RDFs for the URC7544, one with a 1K eeprom and one with a 2k eeprom.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
pivotal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Inside the battery compartment there is only a wee bit of circuitboard visible with six holes in it.
No socket or anything Sad
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pivotal wrote:
a wee bit of circuitboard visible with six holes in it

Those are likely for the JP1 header!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pivotal wrote:
Interesting. Inside the battery compartment there is only a wee bit of circuitboard visible with six holes in it.
No socket or anything Sad

Those holes are for the 6-pin JP1 connector, but the chances are good that this remote will need a few extra parts in order to make it JP1-capable. I suspect that you really have a URC-7540 rather than the URC-7544 and IIRC this needs an EEPROM, a capacitor or two and maybe a resistor in addition to the 6-pin connector in order for it to be JP1-capable.

Seeing as how you have an original remote that sends the correct signal, I would suggest posting your location (ie, country and city) then if there's someone somewhat near you with a JP1 learning remote, you could send your original remote to them so they can capture the signal for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: