JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can I use Long/Double keypress with URC-7560 / 7562 ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wkeith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that - My problem was Phantom1 was 31 not 3A - unfortunately I still have a couple of issues:-
I am trying to put the SKY + record function on long press on the yellow button, and have standard yellow for short press, but it is sending two presses of the yellow button when I give it a short press, and also seems to send two records. Since yellow is used to delete recordings it is not good!
I am getting the same effect for the green button.

I think I will revert to using shifted keys - it is safer

Thanks for your help.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd - I've never seen the issue of signals sent twice with LKP - and I use it quite a lot.

Could you post your IR file (into the Diagnosis section of the File Section - http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=35)
and reply with a link to it here, so that I can satisfy my curiosity as to why this is happening to you ?

thanks

Jim
wkeith

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to Ir file - NB I discovered it is only one set that send the keystrokes tiwce - I wonder if it is to do with the set up of my upgrade file ?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4624

Cheers
jimdunn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

So what you are saying is that when you use the SAT device on your remote the LDKP works fine, but when you use the CD device you get the keys sent twice ?

The first thing that strikes me is that you are using 2 almost identical upgrades - 1847 and 1848, which differ only in fixed data

Do the other keys in the CD device work ok - or do they send double too ?

Your 1848(CD) upgrade uses device 0, sub-device 0

Your 1847(SAT) upgrade uses device 5, sub-device 12

I don't know anything about Sky boxes (don't have them here in Australia)
- are you using SAT and CD to control 2 different Sky boxes ?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One is a Sky and the other is a Sky+ (built-in DVR), but those numbers don't make sense and that's not what I see when I look at the file. In the RC-6 protocol for Sky boxes, there have been only two combinations:

Sky M=6, Device=0, Subdevice=0
Sky+ M=6, Device=0, Subdevice=12

So the device numbers in both upgrades should be 0.

You have M and Subdevice set correctly, but Device=5 for the Sky+ is wrong and should be 0 (unless there's a new variant of the Sky+ box out there, but that code has been valid for all three makes (Thomson, Pace, and Amstrad)of Sky+ boxes for quite some time.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify my comments above:

Of the two upgrade in question here (1847 and 1848) you have not specified which you are using for the Sky+.

The 1848 upgrade uses M=6, Dev/Subdev=0:0 which is the correct data for a regular Sky Box. IIRC you have not indicated any problem with this upgrade, either regular or with LKP.

The 1847 uses M=6, Dev/Subdev=5:12 which is not correct (in my experience) for UK Sky+ boxes, but close. All Sky+ upgrades I have seen, including my two boxes from different manufacturers, use 0:12. Even the Protocol notes for that RC-6-M-20n say that Device has always been seen to be 0.

Perhaps 5:12 is the correct combination for your box (is it a non-UK box?), but perhaps it is not. And perhaps if you made it the more traditional 0:12, the strange repeat problem might go away. I simply don't know, since I have no idea what the device number parameter does to the sent signal. Need an expert for that.

P.S. Using the "NOTES" feature within RM and IR is VERY useful when you ask others for help. As it is, we're doing a lot of guessing as to what upgrades and keymoves, and stuff you are referring to, since nowhere in your IR file file does the word "Sky+" appear.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)

Last edited by Capn Trips on Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:39 am; edited 2 times in total
jimdunn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again

I've spent a bit of time reading your other posts on the forum to try and work out your situation, so is this correct?:

Your 1847 upgrade (SAT) which does not get translated by an IR "eye" works fine for LKP

Your 1848 upgrade (CD) is translated by the "IR" eye, and the LKP sends double signals.

If that is correct, and the normal keys in the (CD) mode work ok, then the possibility exists that your IR "eye" is seeing the LKP version of the signals as 2 key presses due to a duration issue.

You can try to reduce this duration by altering the LKP as follows:

Code:
Upgrade code 0 = 2F 09 (VCR/1801)
82 00 01 02
End

Fixed data 02 is duration threshold, you can change it to 01 (shorter) or 03 (longer)...

I'd try 01 for shorter

It is a bit of a shot in the dark - and quite possibly won't help, but it's all I can think of

Jim
damir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this won't help.
Fixed data in LKP device upgrade determines how long button must be hold down to be recognized as "long" press.
So changing fixed data to 01 will just start execution of long macro a little sooner.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the correction damir. Embarassed

In that case my suggestion won't help at all.

If changing the device/subdevice number from 5:12 to 0:12 in your upgrade as Capn Trips has suggested doesn't help either then I don't really know what's going on here.

If you still want to "troubleshoot" this further, can you confirm my suppositions above about your setup with the "IR" eye - can we eliminate it as a contributory factor to the behaviour ?

Jim
wkeith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your comments - apologies for not documenting the file better - The supposition about my set up is correct - I have a SKY HD box in one room and the SKY + in another room.

I am using SAT for Sky HD - 1847 - this is a SKY + upgrade that works with HD
CD for Sky + - 1848 - this is modified to appear as SKY

The maufacturer of my magic eye states that there are 12 combinations of digibox and "mode" that can be used by a SKY HD control, 8 combinations by a SKY + or SKY control.

Available to SKY and SKY + control =V=====V=
___________________Device___ SKY___ SKY+___SKY HD
___________________Mode_____0______0______0
___________________Mode_____1______1______1
___________________Mode_____2______2______2
___________________Mode_____3______3______3
Available to SKY HD control =====^=====^=====^==

I have set up the magic eye to convert from SKY mode 0 to SKY + mode 0. The HD box ignores the "SKY" signals, and the SKY box receives them. (FYI I believe that the modes are used to control the aspect ratio sent out over the RF2 connector on a SKY box - this allows you to switch automatically to the correct aspect ratio for the TV you are using when you send a signal from a magic eye to the SKY box via the RF port)

========from www.satcure.co.uk================

Aspect ratios 9:16 and 4:3

If you have both widescreen and 4:3 TVs connected to the RF2 output using tv-links then they would normally have to share the picture format set in the second location picture format setting. This would then either leave black lines on the widescreen tv or a stretched picture on the 4:3 TV. There is a way around this:

Set the default picture format to widescreen.

Set the second location picture format to 4:3

Then on each sky remote to be used for widescreen use the following sequence:

TV
Blue+select led flash twice
Select
Sky
Each tv used by an updated remote would automatically set the format to widescreen. Unmodified remotes would set the format to 4:3.

To change the remote back to default use the following sequence

TV
Blue+select led flash twice
Select
Sky
Info kindly supplied by Dominic Thomas.

===============end =================

The instructions for my magic eye use select and blue to change modes.

The reason for the "strange" set up is that I built the 1848 upgrade file using the codes from a SKY upgrade file......Again my documentation needs improved!

I have tested with a modified file without the Magic eye and it works - this is v strange as the eye does not give a problem with a SKY + controller, so the 7562 must be sending something subtly different - I will try to capture what is being sent by learning on my second 7562.

I have let you know how I get on and remember to give more information in future

Thanks for all your help[/list]
wkeith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly when I look at learned signals, the genuine Sky remote seems to send two codes while the 7562 sends one. I will do some more experimenting later in the week - It definitely is the combination of URC and magic eye that is causing the issue - backk to the drawing board................
jimdunn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yellow button has a "feature" on the 7562 in some device modes, that you need to press it twice as a safety thing, because it is used for RECORD.

I don't think that applies here, because you're using a SAT/CABLE upgrade which I don't think has that behaviour.

However, for the purposes of answering this question, just in case, could we stick with the GREEN button...

can you confirm that the following is true:
Using CD(1848) mode, relayed through your IR eye,

If you have FUNCTION1 on short, and FUNCTION2 on long, of an LKP on the green button, they both send double signals.

However, if you map FUNCTION1 and FUNCTION2 to other normal (or shifted) keys in the same mode, still through the IR eye, they work fine.

If this IS the case, I think we need damir to tell us if there is any reason why the signal triggered by his LKP would be any different to the signal from a normal button press.

My understanding is that the LKP just triggers a macro, so they should be identical.

Now that I've said that - I wonder what happens if you just put the offending function in a one key macro without LKP and try that ???

I'm not sure if signal duration is different in a macro to a basic button press - an expert could tell us that, I hope...

Jim
wkeith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just put a macro of CD,1 on the 0 key of the remote, and it sends two 1's to the box through the Magic eye - I suspect I may have an issue with my upgrade file - I think I will try to modify a different SKY upgrade file and see if it works any better.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I will let you know how I get on.........

Cheers

WKeith
wkeith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried a different upgrade and get same results - very strange!

wkeith
jimdunn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, what I think all this tells us is that when you use your 7562 through your "IR eye" the "eye" interprets a normal key press correctly, however when the 7562 sends a macro command the "eye" sees 2 keypresses, so that's what it transmits to your device.

I think this must mean that a macro sends a longer duration than when you just press the key - although it could be something else that differs between the 2 signals, I suppose...

A LKP uses a macro to send the commands, so that's why you see this behaviour with LKPs as well.

As to a solution, I'm not sure if it's possible to alter the duration of a macro signal so that we could see if that IS the issue here - we'd need more expert advice on that - I suspect it might involve a special protocol of some sort, if it's possible at all.

Does your IR "eye" have any adjustable parameters, such as a duration threshold for repeat keys ? (just a thought)

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: