JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

moving learned signals from memory to device (airboard)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trpltongue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: moving learned signals from memory to device (airboard) Reply with quote

Hello all!

I've been reading feverishly for the last week trying to figure out how to move my learned commands into a device. I've got a 2116 remote and am learning keystrokes from my Airboard. I tried the airboard upgrade but it only has the key down commands and my computer doesn't like that. It wants the key down and the key up commands.

In IR.exe the learned codes have no OBC or hex codes listed. The protocol is correctly identified as Airboard though. Also, there are multiple protocols listed for each learned key. For example, when I learned the keypress for P, I put the 2116 into learning mode and quickly tapped the P on the keyboard. Going into IR.exe, it shows up as 2 seperate protocols, but neither have any more information.

Is there any way of moving the raw data into KMM so that I can create a "keyboard" device? Or any suggestions on how I should tackle this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Russell
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave an explanation here regarding a WebTV keyboard, but this may help you understand keyboards better.

The upgrade has the break (or key up) commands listed in the notes column, but they are the make (or key down ) OBC - decimal 128.

Keep in mind that you aren't practically going to use a hand held remote as a keyboard and the idea is to give you the tools to do a few macros. I have found very few keyboards where anything but the make command was important other than enter or where you need a compound key command like ctrl-alt-del.

I don't see any point in trying to learn them because I think every key is in the upgrade. If there is some key that isn't in there, learn it by a sharp tap. Start the learning process in the 2116, once the led is blinking rapidly then a sharp tap to the key and release. then post your file in the JP1 Yahoo group files|diagnosis area, read how to post a link to Yahoo, and post a link here.

I think decode IR just decodes individual bytes in hex. A make command is the OBC (converted to hex) in eight bits followed by the OBC XOR $F8 in eight bits. So if you convert the first hex byte to decimal it should match the OBC's in the device upgrade

The reason you are seeing more than one decode is that there is a make, break, hold, and "all clear" command. So you can see several different commands for each keystroke.
trpltongue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Jon.

I am using very basic commands from the keyboard to control my HTPC. I use the arrow keys, enter, and a few of the individual letters. I tried to use the Airboard upgrade but the computer kept hanging because it wasn't receiving the break. I didn't notice the break commands in the notes section. I'll take a look at it sometime soon and see if I can't get it working.

Thanks,

Russell
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: