JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what have i got???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ewr101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: what have i got??? Reply with quote

i have this remote i got from a friend who works at a cable company. he got it for me because it was free,had the buttons i needed and it was the newest remote they had. i can,t get the thing to work my satellite system. (hughs). i have the code (0749) but i think the remote is locked on to the type of cable box they use. i took the remote apart to get some #s from inside and this is what it said- uei-sa explorer 8000 [qfp] urc-1054bx-1-xxxx rev:02 030304. i have looked everywhere for programming it to operate my dish but can't find anything. the uei web site said it's an atlas dvr/pvr for the new digital recording set top cable boxes. please help!!!! Confused
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have a 6-pin JP1 connector?
ewr101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, above the batteries.
ewr101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, do you know why i can't find anything one this remote except that it is from uei? i typed all the info. i gave you in my search bar and in specific websites (remote control sites such as this) and always got a "no results found" answer. maybe it's me but as easy as this was to get a hold of i would think alot of people would have them. also is there a way other than the jp-1 (which i know nothing about, newbie) to unlock the cable button from only operating the digital box??
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with this remote, but you could try this...

1) Press and hold the SETUP button (however it might be labelled), wait for 2 flashes
2) Type 977, 2 or 4 flashes (I can't remember)

Then try programming the cable button.

Of course, there's no guarantee that the code you need is in this remote, and if it isn't you will need JP1.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This definately sounds like the Atlas DVR/PVR 5-device. There are no model numbers or names anywhere on the remote. "Powered by UEI" is molded into the back of it, though. Does it look like this?

If it is an Atlas, it is a JP1 remote, and it is supported by the JP1 tools. It does have a cable setup lock, and to unlock it, you have to:

1) Press Cable button, then press an hold SETUP until the Cable button blinks twice.
2) Type 982. If you get 4 blinks of the Cable button, then it is unlocked. Two blinks means it is locked.

If it is locked, repeat the steps above. Once it is unlocked, you should be able to enter a new setup code.

There's also another lock that locks all the channel buttons to the Cable device. To unlock that:

1) Press the Cable button, then press and hold the SETUP button, wait for 2 flashes
2) Type 973. then channel- (down), get 2 flashes of the Cable button.

Of course, all this is easier with a JP1 cable. Then you could just uncheck the checkboxes in the IR program. (Hint, hint... 8) )
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the Cable/0749 setup code is NOT in the remote, so you'll need a JP1 cable to add an upgrade. The only Cable/Satellite setup codes available are 0476, 0869, and 1877. (Pretty sad for a Cable-centric remote.)

The remote will only let you program macros on the 3 special macro keys, but you can put macros on almost any key with JP1.

On the bright side, it does have all the right buttons for controlling a PVR, and is a very capable remote.
ewr101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help. i will try all of the suggestions when i get off work and post another reply. does radio shack stock jp-1 connectors and anything else i might need to get it working? i know i could just go buy a remote that did everything i want it to do but after messing with this thing for a week i want to show it who's in control. ha ha ha
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: