JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problems with NEC1 2DEV Combo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClaudeS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Problems with NEC1 2DEV Combo Reply with quote

I have a Toshiba TV/VCR/DVD Combo. The TV part works using TV 0156 which is a NEC1 with a 64 device. The VCR and DVD buttons on the orginal remote handle those functions by sending out NEC1 with a 68 device. So I figured I could use NEC1 2DEV Combo to send out the 64 or 68 depending on the buttons used. I set everything up in KM, copied the protocol and upgrade to IR like I always do. When I downloaded to my 15-2116, the LCD says I'm using 1156 which is what I called my new code. But it doesn't work. When I learn what it's actually sending, it turns out to be NEC1 with Device of 128 and sub device of 112 and a different EFC. Now 64 doubled is 128 so I'm thinking some bit is not being interpreted correctly but no matter what I try it still keeps sending the 128:112 instead of the 64:. Any help on what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated. Let me know if you need the KM or IR files.
Claude,
ClaudeS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted the KM file for this as Toshiba VCR-DVD Combo 156 on the diagnosis area. Copy the upgrade and protocol to IR and the remote will send NEC1:128:112 instead of NEC1:64 like it's specified in the KM file. Any help would be appreciated.
Claude,
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me like the NEC1 2DEV combo in KM is seriously broken.

I don't remember whether I've ever seen that work. The protocol upgrade provided switches between a fixed pair of device and subdevice values and totally ignores the fixed data provided by the device upgrade.

It also expects 2 bytes of fixed data but the device upgrade provides 6, so all the button assignments are off. I also can't see why there are 6 bytes of fixed data. If the protocol upgrade matched the apparrent intent of the setup sheet only 4 bytes are meaningful.
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take your upgrade (code and protocol) and copy and paste it into IR. Then go to the protocols sheet, select the 0141 protocol and hit the edit button. The box will starts to read: "43 8B 22 8B ...". Change this to "43 8B 62 8B ..." since actually the 3rd byte means left hand the numbers of fixed data and right hand the numbers of var bytes.

If this doesn't help, one of the experts here should have a look.

Uwe
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That won't help. That protocol upgrade really does use 22. You're right that this device upgrade is for some protocol upgrade that uses 62. But simply changing the 22 to 62 in this protocol upgrade doesn't do it.
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this idea since in cell H11 (11 is the row for the pID 0141) of the p-hacked sheet of km is a protocol that starts with "43 8B 62 8B ...". In a previous version of km (7.53) it's the same.

Uwe
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do seem to recall earlier posts saying that the 2DEV combo is broken, but I don't think anyone ever looked into it (I know I didn't)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uwereinert wrote:
I've got this idea since in cell H11 (11 is the row for the pID 0141) of the p-hacked sheet of km is a protocol that starts with "43 8B 62 8B ...". In a previous version of km (7.53) it's the same.

I unhid the p-hacked sheet in KM and looked there. That protocol sure looks like the one that KM is creating the device upgrade for. But you'll notice the rest of it isn't very similar to the protocol KM actually provided.

It's also strange that the protocol on that line 11 is labeled "HK / NEC1 Combo" but is in fact a more general NEC1 combo, not limited to HK, where the actual protocol provided by KM (for NEC1 2DEV combo) is a version specifically limited to HK.

I think that protocol on line 11 could be used with the device upgrade in this case, so Claude could select Format/Sheet/Unhide to get to p-hacked and copy the value of cell H11, and select EDIT for Protocol 141 (as Uwe described) but select and paste over the whole thing rather than just one byte.
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and if this doesn't work too, go back to the diagnosis area, I have uploaded your file using the device combiner protocol (only a few bytes more).

Uwe
ClaudeS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
I used the the entire line that has the 4B 8B 62.... from p-hacked and the remote now generates a GAP 550-1328-24? and the same EFC for every and any key. I also just tried to only add the 4 bit to the 3rd byte to make it a 62 and leave the rest alone and it did the same thing. You don't need the TV to test it, just point the upgraded remote to another with learn, and see what IR reports as the learn.....but it doesn't work with the TV either....
I'll download and try the other method. It sounded like a nice way to handle two device codes, wish it worked.
Claude,
ClaudeS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The device combiner version works! Thanks. I'll upload it to the device area as soon as I get everything working. I'll have to figure out how to set up the combiner for next time....
Claude,
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: