JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Marantz RC5200SR protocol?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyJackman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Marantz RC5200SR protocol? Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm new to all this and thanks to your help - I've even got an extender working on my OFA URC7562.

Now I'm trying to program for my Marantz amp/tuner SR4200. I think this may be the same as the SR5200, certainly the remote is numbered RC5200SR and other Marantz amps I've found on the web seem to use this remote. I've set up the device using code 0269 on my AUDio button. Some functions work fine, but I can't get the input select functions to work (i.e. switch to TV, DVD, CD etc). I've tried all 256 EFCs and none f them seemed to switch input (found the Bass and Treble function tho' Very Happy)

I want to use the functions in macros, so I've used learning mode to look at the IR stream and I'm confused in that the Marantz seems to send out 3 different protocols - mostly RC5 but one button sends RC6 and another RC5x. Is this normal? Or more to the point, how do I create a device with 3 different protocols.

I'd appreciate some direction Confused My file (non-extender version) is located at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/RC5200SR.txt
Thanks,
Andy
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,
While I don't have that specific Marantz receiver, I did have an SR66 and now have an SR5300 (very close!). The Marantz uses at least two device codes for the commands. I have created a device combiner upgrade for the 5300 and put it in the files section at Yahoo. To see if you can get some of the device selections without anupgrade you will have to use device code 0189. The power, volume, and mute are controlled by 0269, and most other functions by 0189. Try this, and more specific questions are sure to follow.
Jim
AndyJackman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
Thanks for the help. I tried your combiner but it didn't work for me Sad , however there was another for a 7200 and that had enough in it for me to extract some codes. I haven't got a full set, but enough for my needs.

Thanks again!
Andy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, if you post a link to the file that you're using, and mention what buttons are missing, we might be able to look them up for you.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted a device upgrade based on the "official" Marantz command set for the 5200 from a Pronto ccf from their website.

This uses the RC5/RC5x combo protocol that is in the newer remotes, but will eliminate the need for any device combiner since it can do all commands. I assigned very few bottons but all known functions are in the functions tab.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those learned signals were mainly OBC 63 of various other device numbers. I assume those act as discrete input selects.

The one learned to key 4 was OBC 63 of device 4. But it was RC6 protocol rather than RC5.

Andy, What does that function do? If there anything in the upgrade you posted that does that function?

Jon, what did you intend for that function? I don't see device 4 in your upgrade at all. I'd guess that RC5 device 4 OBC 63 would do the same thing as RC6. But I don't see even that in the upgrade.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no command using RC6 in the ccf file that I decoded. A couple of years ago someone forwarded a spreadsheet with commands for a 5200, 6200, and 7200. That did show the discrete DVD input command to be RC6:4:63. There were a number of additional commands on that spreadsheet that I added to the device upgrade linked above. Naturally, this being the dreaded RC5/5x combo there were some features on KM that don't work correctly:

OBC>63 in RC5 and Sub-devices>63 in RC5x. RC5 does OBC>63 if you set bit 6 (using 7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0) of byte2 (although byte 2 is the first hex byte of variable data) to 1. RC5x does sub-device > 63 when bit 6 of any of the bytes of fixed data is set to 1 for that respectve device number. I't's like the RC5 protocol.

I could fix that in the case of RC5 by manually entering the hex bytes in the OBC column. I put a note to edit the device upgrade in IR:

Manually edit the sventh and eight bytes of the second line of device upgrade begining with:
Before= 73 00 D0 00 81 0F 0F 0E …
After= 73 00 D0 00 81 0F 4F 4E …

This is only necessary if you want these commands:
PL2-mov
PL2-mus
CS Cine
AF

Finally on some models the DVD input is RC6:4:63
this will have to be done with a key move using
DVD/0539 EFC 187

johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:

Finally on some models the DVD input is RC6:4:63
this will have to be done with a key move using
DVD/0539 EFC 187

I'd still like to know how the device reacts to the command RC5:4:63, but if you just want to get the DVD input working with a minimum of risk/testing/effort etc. then I think following Jon's suggestion for a KeyMove is best.
AndyJackman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He guys, Thanks for all the help.

Robman - thanks for the offer but by the 'lack of codes' I meant I didn't need them all rather than some were missing!

And yes, the DVD input select does use that rather strange RC6 code, but I got it to work on the Marantz SR-7200.txt combiner using OBC 010 and Byte 2= 1 00 (Hex FF 51) whereas the other input selects use OBC 63 and byte 2 = 5 or 6 or 12 or 18 etc depending on the device.

I wondered if this was because the Marantz remote (RC5200SR) is actually programable itself.

Anyway, I have a OFA 6 that controls all my devices and switches the amp input when I press a device key. That is sooo cool.

- Thanks again for the help
Andy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: