JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extender Activation Confusion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chazworth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Extender Activation Confusion Reply with quote

I am working on my first efforts with the 15-2116x2 extender for my RS 15-2117 remote. I am quite sure that this is a very ignorant question, but I can't figure it out.

I am working on a ToadTog arrangement for my TV. I have worked through most of the details about how to make it work, and I am now hoping to put the ToadTog command (which unconditionally sends the native power toggle signal and flips the state bit) on the Power button for the TV device.

When I use IR 3.22 to do the keymove, it tells me that "An advanced code has already been defined for this device/key combination". It looks like that message occurs because the activation macro for the extender is already using the TV/Power button. I assume that I can put the ToadTog on that button.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Charlie
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extender does in fact put the activation macro on that device/button combination but it should not show up in the IR keymoves since it puts it in the old keymove area then when the extender is activated it executes and switches to the new keymove area. Your toadtog should be in the new area. My guess is something is wrong with the extender build in IR or you have created a keymove on that combination somewhere else like in KM or RM. It would be better to put the toadtog on a phantom button and execute it from the tv/power button.

I would suggest you upload the IR txt dump file to the jp1 diagnostic folder and link to it from here so someone can look at it.
chazworth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
The extender does in fact put the activation macro on that device/button combination but it should not show up in the IR keymoves since it puts it in the old keymove area then when the extender is activated it executes and switches to the new keymove area. Your toadtog should be in the new area. My guess is something is wrong with the extender build in IR or you have created a keymove on that combination somewhere else like in KM or RM. It would be better to put the toadtog on a phantom button and execute it from the tv/power button.

I would suggest you upload the IR txt dump file to the jp1 diagnostic folder and link to it from here so someone can look at it.

Nils:

Thanks so much. I am at my technical limits with the extender, so I appreciate any help. I have posted the IR txt dump to here (http://f2.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cC6LP23xxJRzKcNL53Yq-XrisrnJks3aJw_kPG6qJia4V-wKNcMvk7xV-6pXVQw9gMQ1NwZS0FbTexQoEZplF4XPhn0G7weOzahovg/Diagnosis%20Area/15-2117%20Extender%20Problem.txt).

By the way, I am using Keymaster v7.54.

Thanks.

Charlie
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chazworth wrote:
Nils_Ekberg wrote:

Nils:

Thanks so much. I am at my technical limits with the extender, so I appreciate any help. I have posted the IR txt dump to here (http://f2.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cC6LP23xxJRzKcNL53Yq-XrisrnJks3aJw_kPG6qJia4V-wKNcMvk7xV-6pXVQw9gMQ1NwZS0FbTexQoEZplF4XPhn0G7weOzahovg/Diagnosis%20Area/15-2117%20Extender%20Problem.txt).

Thanks.

Charlie

Charlie

I didn't see anything wrong with the file except there were no keymoves defined. Specifically the phantom1 your device macros refer to. I replaced your file with one of mine so you can look at it and see how the toadtogs and other extender functions can be defined. It is the same file name but in my name in the diagnosis area.

Take a look at it and see if it helps you. You can remove my devices and add yours.
chazworth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
chazworth wrote:
Nils_Ekberg wrote:

Nils:

Thanks.

Charlie

Charlie

I didn't see anything wrong with the file except there were no keymoves defined. Specifically the phantom1 your device macros refer to. I replaced your file with one of mine so you can look at it and see how the toadtogs and other extender functions can be defined. It is the same file name but in my name in the diagnosis area.

Take a look at it and see if it helps you. You can remove my devices and add yours.

Nils:

Thanks so much. I apologize for being a bit dense; I have done my best to read relevant posts to try to work things out, but I still have some learning to go. The extender is a level above some of the other JP1 features. I am addicted to this stuff!

I will puzzle over the information presented in your file, and hopefully I can figure out where I am confusing myself.

Charlie
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep ploding along. Once you get past the "frustrating" part it is lots of fun and rewarding when it finally goes right..

Don't hesitate to ask specific questions..
chazworth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils:

I am hesitant to admit this, but after spending much time being baffled, I finally reread the Readme file for the extender and figured out that I was using the incorrect rdf. Now I see what you were referring to in your post. I should be able to make some progress now.

Charlie
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: