JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6131 and Hauppauge PVR250
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to the confusion, the Hauppauge ir.exe program has nothing to do with the JP1 ir.exe program!
Opus4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't take this post as a reason to skip anyone's question about this remote, but in case any of you are interested, I've provided complete documentation of the Hauppauge remote: how to replace its remote with JP1, how to extend the remote's capabilities while replacing it, how to extend irremote.ini, etc. Some of the documentation has been reviewd by a contact at Hauppauge & is the latest/most complete available anywhere.

Instructions for extending irremote.ini provides complete documentation for the latest install version for IR.exe. Note that is the Hauppauge ir.exe, not the jp1 ir.exe! This latest Hauppauge software has new capabilities that were not available previously -- not just new functions, but the ability to decode all 128 command codes for each of the 32 RC5 system codes. Also, it now has functions allowing Windows messages to be sent to any program, not just the one with focus.

How to program your JP1 remote for SageTV provides a simple step by step guide to reprogramming a JP1 remote with ANY of the RC5 codes the Hauppauge receiver can decode. It covers this from the perspective of usig SageTV, but it can be used with any other program. Note: this was written a few versions ago, so I hope it still matches the latest jp1 software. The concepts should be the same anyway: define _any_ RC5 codes you want & assign to your remote's buttons.

Using the downloadable documents in those forum posts, you can use JP1 to make the Hauppauge receiver/software do much more than it was originally capable of. There is no limitation to the 34 buttons on the original silver remote, so I wouldn't even bother trying to use any upgrade code for that particualr remote unless you just really don't want to touch jp1.

- Andy
ToonGal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, Andy, my links to your posts weren't good enough...? Smile That nothwithstanding, official thx for the great docs you've provided here and at Frey.

Now if only I can get that 'Fav' button working and 'rec' button requiring only the one press on my 8810, I'd be set.
Opus4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to clarify a little of it. Wink I found dschnabel's site extremely useful previously, but the latest docs I posted cover a newer/extended version of the software, after having discussed all the capabilities with Hauppauge, along with having done some of the testing. Smile

As for the Fav & Record buttons... I don't know if you mean that is a JP1 problem or a Hauppauge/SageTV problem. I guess you could provide details in whichever forum is appropriate. I have no idea if I'll know the answer if it is Hauppauge/SageTV related, but maybe someone will.

- Andy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToonGal wrote:
Now if only I can get that 'Fav' button working and 'rec' button requiring only the one press on my 8810, I'd be set.

1. To program the FAV button, you can use the "Fav/Scan Programmer" special protocol (select URC-8011 as the remote in the Special Protocols spreadsheet).
2. To fix the RECORD button, re-program it using a keymove.

If that doesn't make sense, post your IR image, along with what function you'd like programmed to the FAV button, and I'll show you how to do it.
ToonGal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer Rob! Think I have to accept your help, as I can't seem to do it on my own. URC-8810w-040811a.ToonGal.zip is in the Diagnosis Files area on Yahoo.

To match it to my Irremote.ini file for my Hauppauge IR receiver, I programmed it to receive RC5 system code 30 (30=URC8810), mapped to signal 18 (18=KEY_OFA_FAVORITE).

That's what I get for playing w/ my son instead of JP1 this summer. Take some time off and forget everything you did and didn't know... Wink

If I didn't give enough info, just tell me what I missed. Thanks again, Rob!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Toony, I tried to download your file but it appears to be corrupt. Could you re-load it please.

Just to remind myself, are you trying to make the FAV button on your URC-8011 send a specific signal for your Hauppauge PVR? If this is the case, what is the PVR function that you want programmed there.

Also, were you able to fix the RECORD button issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: