JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What are diagonal arrow keys for (re: hacked replaytv protoc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: What are diagonal arrow keys for (re: hacked replaytv protoc Reply with quote

Still waiting for my JP1 cable to arrive in the mail Sad Meanwhile am reading as much as I can. I found a very nice hacked replaytv protocol by the robman, and I loaded it into KM.

With reference to ReplayTV, what are diagonal arrow keys?

from the excellent readme file: "3) Finally, you could select the Panasonic version. The advantage of using this protocol is that it is definitely already in your remote, so you won't have to add a protocol, learning will be possible and it won't take up very much memory. The drawback is it lacks the discrete power on/off commands and the diagonal arrows."

What are "advanced codes" ? Things like the 9 minute skip button?

I have a 3000 series ReplayTV (I think soon they will start showing up in museums as antiques) and I don't think diagonal arrows had been invented when these 3000-series beasts walked the earth in great numbers. I checked the 5000 series remote picture and didnt see diagonal keys on it though.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: What are diagonal arrow keys for (re: hacked replaytv pr Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
Still waiting for my JP1 cable to arrive in the mail Sad Meanwhile am reading as much as I can. I found a very nice hacked replaytv protocol by the robman, and I loaded it into KM.

With reference to ReplayTV, what are diagonal arrow keys?

When you are in the Find Shows "typewriter" screen, they let you move diagonally. Not that useful, I'll admit, but they supported in the code, so I listed them.

usblipitor wrote:
from the excellent readme file: "3) Finally, you could select the Panasonic version. The advantage of using this protocol is that it is definitely already in your remote, so you won't have to add a protocol, learning will be possible and it won't take up very much memory. The drawback is it lacks the discrete power on/off commands and the diagonal arrows."

What are "advanced codes" ? Things like the 9 minute skip button?

I'm not going to address the "advanced codes" question, I'll let you answer that one yourself on my web site. As the xx minute skips, these codes send a number button followed by the Quick Skip button, which will skip the show ahead by that many minutes. The "3 minute skip" is the one that most people use as it's perfect for skipping commercials.

usblipitor wrote:
I have a 3000 series ReplayTV (I think soon they will start showing up in museums as antiques) and I don't think diagonal arrows had been invented when these 3000-series beasts walked the earth in great numbers. I checked the 5000 series remote picture and didnt see diagonal keys on it though.

Actually, the diagonal arrows were discovered back when the RTV2020 was the only model on the market. They remain in the code from when the Replay designers where using keyboards with the extra arrow buttosn on them. Also, don't sell your 3000 unit short, it's much better quality that the crap they're putting out these days. Just visit the AVS forum and compare the number of posts complaining about faulty 3000 / Showstopper units (none) with faulty 5000 series units (lots). Stickwith that 3000, it's a rock solid machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: