JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Conditional Command

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbsmith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Conditional Command Reply with quote

I have a question similar to this one: Can you query current device status in macros?

I am using an extended 15-1995 and my question has to do with a Mitxubishi HU-57 VCR. After using the VCR, I can execute a macro to watch any other source, but, depending on the TV/VCR position of the VCR (ie. if I was watching a tape it would be in the VCR mode), I get interference from the signal (cable is on channel 3).

Has anyone come up with a way to know when to execute TV/VCR in a macro based on the current mode? If there was a discrete command for TV (to reset the VCR), that would work too.

Thanks,
Tom
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a different model JVC VCR and if I turn the power off, it goes back to TV. Most JVC VCR's have discrete power commands, so you could do a power cycle. A macro for Off|On is TV mode and Off|On|TV-Video Toggle is VCR.

Another possibility: Do you have direct video inputs on the TV? If so, it looks like the line inputs to the VCR have discrete commands. The cable STB probably also has video outputs (not the RF through Ch 3). Plug the Cable STB into line 1 on the VCR. Use the VCR as your video switcher.

Or, buy a cheap IR controlled video or RF switcher.

If none of the other ideas work or are feasable, try using ToadTog to keep track of the TV/Video Toggle. This really only works when you use one OFA remote to always operate the VCR, but with the Power behavior, I think you would have to do some careful thinking to always be in the right state.
tbsmith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

I thought of powering off the VCR as part of the macro, but then, there would be times when I might be recording something and inadvertently turn it off.

I didn't think about connecting the cable to the video input of the VCR...that might do it (although I think that would mean I couldn't watch one program while recording another). I need to ponder it a while.

I've read about toad tog but I don't think my extender has this function. Or is it loaded from KM as a separate device?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: