JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dish DVR 921

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbrown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Dish DVR 921 Reply with quote

Hi All-

You may have heard that Dish in its infinate wisdom decided not to include an IR remote with its newest Receiver, the 921. It will accept IR, it just doesn't include it on the remote. I decided to start with my 508 remote protocol and try all 256 codes. The result is this file:

DVR 921 part 1

Everything works, accept 4 functions: Fast Forward, PIP Move, Page Up, and Page Down. I was able to track these functions down using someone elses 921 protocol (that was missing some other things), and made a second one that is here:

DVR 921 part 2

I can upload both of theses, then Keymove the 4 from part II to work with part I. Of course, I'd like to make them all one super-combo. Any way this could work? Thanks for taking a look.

pbrown
WA
chasman1964

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, PB.

Your links to Yahoo have expired. Please read the topic about Yahoo links (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=171) and try again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed the links, but PB, please read the thread that Chas linked to for future reference.
chasman1964

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, PB.

Perhaps I shouldn't be trying to answer your question, since I'm relatively new to this myself. It seems that you should be able to use the Dish Network Combo protocol to combine multiple devices, but I'm not having any luck with it. The protocol help says that you should be able to enter the device number in the byte2 column in KM, but that column is always gray. Perhaps someone else can offer an explanation.

You should, however, be able to use the Device Combiner protocol. I put what I think is the correct combination of your two files in the file Dish_921_pbrown_Combined.txt. I'm not sure I would be completely satisfied with the result, because the size of the upgrade is about doubled, and you need to add the Device Combiner protocol, but you may find that the extra space is worth the convenience as opposed to the keymove method you are using currently.

Keep your eyes open for possible better solutions from those more experienced.
pbrown

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the links, I should have read up. Chasman, thanks for your assistance, I'll keep an eye on this space to see if anyone else has any better ideas.
pbrown

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chasman and all-

This protocol does it all. It is a little big, but not too big for my remote, so I'm happy. I really appreciate all the help you genius's provide.

I'm going to go ahead and upload it into the main device area.

Thanks!
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you haven't done so, take a look at the (very long) thread about the DishPVR 721. The 921 shares the same remote codes and there have been a number of different 721 device upgrades uploaded to the Yahoo files.

This thread ended in the JP1 wizzards updating the KM and RM tools to deal better with a Dish product that uses two device ides for different keys. The upgrade works great with my 721 and others with 921's have reported the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: