JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

9960 Motion Switch Sensitivity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: 9960 Motion Switch Sensitivity Reply with quote

Does anyone have a fix for the Kameleon 9960 motion switch sensitivity problem? My (second 9960) remote turns its backlight on far too easily - sometimes for no apparent reason, and will then not shut off without a good shake. I'm going through batteries in less than 2 weeks.
In reading the JP1 forums, I realize a JP1 programming extention or breaking open the remote and physically disabling the switch would fix the problem - I'm hoping there is an "on-remote" programming code which would work. Any ideas?
Thanks...
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RDF for the 9960 has a feature in it that allows you to change the duration that the light is on via a parameter on the general panel in IR. I set mine for 5 seconds and increased the battery life to about 2 months.

Sometimes with the extender installed it makes the sensitivity a little better but no guarentees.
steven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nils.
What's happening with my unit is that the backlight turns itself on at night and stays on. This is an intermittant thing, so it doesn't sound like a programming or settings issue?
Should I assume the motion switch can't be turned off by programming?
If so, can anyone tell me how to physically disable the switch, and will a button press activate the backlight?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an article on how to disable the motion sensor switch and I believe it was over at RemoteCentral. And yes, a button press will still turn it on. The minor problem is that the signal for the button you press (without seeing which button) will be sent. With the 9960 extender you can control the first press of a button when the light is off - either use or ignore. I added that for people who clipped the wire.h
steven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nils,
Your advise is much appreciated.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized this thread could use an update...

For some reason it bothered me when people had to clip the motion sensor wire to disable the motion detector when we should be able to do it with software. I get this question alot so I figured out how to do it and added a feature to the 9960, 8060, and 8040 extenders to do the same thing as clipping the wire with an option in IR.

With this feature you can ignore the sensor and just turn the backlight on by pressing any button. (actually, just about anywhere on the screen) There is also a feature to ignore that button press so you don't accidentally send a wrong signal while the backlight is off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: