JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code "collision"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbge

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Code "collision" Reply with quote

I suppose this could happen, but how to correct. WIth my 8910, when I press "4" in SAT mode it turns off my RCVR. The "4" key does enter the number 4 in SAT. This even happens when I use the SAT's own remote. My RCVR uses two byte codes and has discrete On/Off (no toggle). Both devices were downloaded as upgrades from OneForAll, I can't find them in the files posted here. Any ideas? Is there anything to troubleshoot or fix or is this just an unfortunate coincidence.
The SAT device is a Samsung SIR-T151 (HDTV OTA receiver)
The RCVR is a Harmon Kardon 230.
classicsat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the power button on your original receiver remote enter 4 on the satellite, or 4 on the original satellite remote turn off the receiver?

A possible solution would be to set up the satellite receiver with a different remote address (most can).
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be easier to diagnose if you post the eeprom image file to the Yahoo JP1 group diagnosis folder (Use the File/save command in IR.EXE after downloading from the remote to create that file).
bigbge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Samsung and Harman Kardon and they both know about this problem, the Samsung 4 key turns off HK receivers. Neither has any upgrade (would have to be hardware) to fix this. I think I will do something silly like remap the 4 key to 3 and just use channel up/down. Fortunately there are no 4x, double digit, stations here.

Oh well.
sic0048

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it depends on the number of channels you have, but if you have less than 114 and have an extender on your remote, you could create a couple of macros.

SKP on the 4 button = channel 3, channel up
LKP on the 4 button = channel 33, channel up (although you stated there is no channel 44 in your area, so it could be 113, channel up of there is a channel 114)

If you only have one channel with a 4 (not 44 etc), then you don't need the extender. Just use the one macro.

My Equipment:
OFA 8910 - extender 1
Zenith C32V37 HDTV (32" 4:3 ratio with built-in HD tuner)
Onkyo TX-R510 Receiver (6.1 channel receiver)
Panasonic DVD-F85 (5 disc DVD changer)
JVC S-VHS VCR HR-S3901U
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: