JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can the 15-2117 control X10 via RF?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wkearney99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
maxse wrote:
Im eventually going to build a HTPC which might be in a different room then the TV is. So im gonna need an RF remote to control that... Which means Im going to end up having two remotes.

The 15-2117 is an RF remote, you could use this to control the HTPC.

The 15-2117 sends IR locally and RF to a base station. The base station retransmits the RF via it's local IR emitter. So you'd have to use an IR receiver on the PC and have the base station feed it's signals to it.

This raises the question as to whether there's any sort of RF receiver for a PC that could listen to a 15-2117 directly. The jr21a and mr26a receivers are not on the same frequencies as the 15-2117 so those won't work. I'd wonder, could they be altered to listen to the 15-2117's frequencies?
crust

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some experiments with the RF PC receiver that I purchased from X10. It outputs a 1 byte stream to the PC. So converting this one to work with the 2117 would require more than just changing the receiver frequency. The data (either transmitted or received) is encoded in a different way. The 2117 just uses the IR signal as an IF to modulate the RF carrier.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone where to design the hardware mod to make the 15-2117 output the right RF frequency for X10, one of us would develop an upgrade to make it send the right data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: