JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer DV-303

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Pioneer DV-303 Reply with quote

I have a Pioneer XV-DV303 all in one home theatre system, a DGTEC HD-STB/DH 2000A set-top box HDTV receiver and an OFA, URC-7541 remote. Can anyone direct me to or provide the device codes (RDF)suitable for my OFA remote for the two devices mentioned.

Preferably these device code files should load into Key Master so that I can load them through IR.EXE.

Many Thanks
Kazam
Herbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the built-in codes for any of those devices first?

I'd be very surprised if the Pioneer DVD portion didn't work right out of the box. Even my 1994 has codes for my DV-333.

As its an all-in-one box, you might need to build your own upgrade from multiple devices as the all-in-ones frequently combine setup codes from their respective components (i.e. like the TV/VCR combos usually need a combined device from both a TV setup code and a VCR setup code).
kazam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: More info please Reply with quote

Ok. let's assume that the old Pioneer codes work. Such a combined unit would most likely need a DVD and AUD code. I've only tried to build a device code file once, with limited success and some time ago. Can you tell me how I would combine the two types of code?

Thanks for the help so far.

Kazam
kazam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing. Do you know if the 7541 can handle macros on the device selection keys (maybe magic combinations)?
Herbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm aware, none of the JP1 remotes support macros on device keys unless an "Extender" is used.

I'm not familiar with the 7541, but I know there's an extender for the 7560, which might work for you.

To get a specific answer to "Is there an extender for my remote?", you might need to post in the "Extenders" section, since only the extender gurus will know if a package for another remote is compatible, or they can likely create one for you if none exists yet.

Macros will be a totally seperate issue from your device upgrade, however. So you can still pursue getting your device upgrade to work while you wait on finding out about the extender.

My recommendation is to get the latest Keymap master and read EVERYTHING again, especially the sections on device combiners, as this is what you'll likely need to use for your combo device. I've never worked with the RemoteMaster tool, I've always used KM, but I know at one point the device combiner didn't work so well on RM, so unless you do NOT have access to Excell, I'd try to use KM first.
kazam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Looks like I've got my work well and truly cut out for me.

Back to the coal mines...

Kazam
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: