JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sony str895

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just4fn

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: sony str895 Reply with quote

I have just purchased a Sony str 895 surround sound receiver. I cant seem to find any codes that work with my RS-2117. Does anybody know of any that will work? I have the jp1 set up, but, I haven't used it for about a year and I am back at the drawing board of relearning how to set up the remote. thanks for any help with this, Doug
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the preset codes to work your receiver, then you'll need to change the codeset your receiver responds to. See here:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-sony/thread.cgi?4020
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newer Sony receivers come preset to use what Sony calls "AV2" command mode. Most of the normal setup codes in your remote are set for Sony's older "AV1" command set. So, you have several choices:

1) Set your receiver to AV1 command mode, and use one of the older setup codes. (This is what MaskedMan was referring to.) You'll need to find where to set the command mode on the receiver's menu.

2) Get Radio Shack to upgrde your remote with the new codes (fat chance).

3) Try one of the upgrades in the JP1 Yahoo files section that uses the AV2 command mode, like Sony_STR-DE885_Receiver.txt. It may not have every button on your remote, but it'll probably have most of them.

4) Start from scratch the JP1 way. Learn buttons, download to IR, get decoded data, create upgrade in KM or RM, etc. This process is described in Rob's latest tutorial JP1 - Just How Easy Is It?.

5) Create your own upgrade from information on Sony codes from places like this.
just4fn

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned all the buttons I needed and then used km. It seems to work ok now. Thanks for the help. It was in AV2 and that was a problem. Now I am trying to find the dicrete codes for this receiver.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just4fn wrote:
Now I am trying to find the dicrete codes for this receiver.
For the ones not on your original remote, some of them are in the file referenced in #3 above, and others may be found via the link in #5 above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: