JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips discrete channel selection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RussellS

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Philips discrete channel selection Reply with quote

Hi all, Newbie here

I have a Philips 32PW9308 TV and would like to know if it is possible to directly select the EXT2 input. I have set up a macro to select this input by selecting ch1 then pausing and then ch- to end up at EXT2. This works fine but I would like to combine this with the power on command. Unfortunately, there is quite a delay between powering the TV on and being able to send the macro to select the channel (about 8 seconds). Therefore, it would be more user freindly (and wife freindly) to be able to directly access EXT2 and not have to worry about pauses and keeping the remote pointing at the TV for the duration of the macro.

Help or alternative suggestions greatly appretiated

Russell
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you were to find a discrete, you would still need to include 8 seconds of delay in your macro before you could send the signal, so I don't think it's the answer you are alloking for.

Maybe you should program a macro to a second button just to select the EXT2 input. If you don't want to "waste" this button in all modes, because macros are global, use the DSM (device specific macro) special protocol, or use keymoves in all the other modes to fix the button.
RussellS

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply,

At the moment, with the TV in standby, if I press any number button the TV will turn on and select that channel number. In view of this, I was hoping that the same would be true if I had a discrete code for EXT2 ie press that button and the TV would turn on and select that channel.

I am using a device specific macro (using extender 3.1) on one of the phantom keys to select EXT2 and using a keymove from the TV/VID button to call this macro. This is working fine and I am happy with it. It is just that everything is switched through the AV Amp and so everything comes through on EXT2 so it would have been nice to have the TV automatically select this channel when turned on.

Also, I have enjoyed playing with this JP1 malarky so much that it was just something else to try and get it to do Very Happy

Russell
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK then, in order to proceed you will need to state which built in setup code you are using, or if you created your own upgrade, what protocol and device codes you used. Better yet, if you saved your file in the file section, or used a file from the file section, please provide a link to it (reading the sticky post about links to yahoo files first).
RussellS

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here goes

I am using an upgrade code that I created myself by learning all the codes from the original remote and decoding them in IR5.

The Remote Master file is here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/4.%20RM%20Upgrade%20Files/TV/Philips%2032PW9308.rmdu

and the IR5 files are here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/User%20Configurations/URC-8810%20Extender%20complete.zip

Thanks for your time

Russell
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a bunch of discrete input commands for Philips displays here

They are unfortunately, consistently inconsistent about which commands do what, so try them all Smile
RussellS

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon,

I did see your post the other day but they all seemed to be RC5 protocol whereas my Philips TV uses all RC6 protocol.

Russell
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a list of RC6 commands from a couple of Pronto files at RC. Where there are special characters, they look to be aspect commands but I am not sure. All are RC6 protocol device=0, the three digit number in the left column is OBC:

000 0
001 1
002 2
003 3
004 4
005 5
006 6
007 7
008 8
009 9
010 Jump
012 TV-On
015 Display
032 Right
033 Left
056 AVX
057 Cable
060 ž / æ
061 Off
063 Power ON?
067 HDTV
078 SAP
083 Surround
084 €
088 Up
089 Dn
090 Left
091 Right
092 ok
093 PIP
099 Swap
100 À
102 
103 Ç
110 Noise Reduction
112 Natural Motion
127 Sleep Timer
134 VCR
135 Sat
136 DVD
150 á
204 Closed Captioning
231 ¯
243 æ
244 Sound
245 Format
247 Zoom
249 DNR
255 ©

You might also try all the RC5 input commands. Some Philips TV's appear to respond to both command sets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: