JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8811 codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will_H

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: 8811 codes Reply with quote

I have a Toshiba SD43-HT and this remote (8811) doesn't have the codes listed for it. I called Oneforall and they gave me the codes for the DVD and the HT but said they will not work and that I have to send the remote back to them so they can install the code. My question is, can I program the codes they gave me using the JP1 cable? TIA Willie
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would have been a lot easier to answer more specifically if you had told us the setup codes (device type and 4 digit number) that they told you about.

But anyway, I'm certain you can program it with JP1.

1) Maybe we already have the data for those setup codes so we have or could easily make an upgrade for them.

2) Rob is pretty good at finding upgrades for UEI setup codes we haven't seen before.

3) I expect it is a common Toshiba command set, so even if we didn't find data on those setup codes (or if OFA customer support was wrong about the setup codes) we may already have an upgrade based on some JP1'er learning from the original remote, or have Pronto data from RC.

4) You could always learn the signals yourself, download to IR.EXE which would decode them, and enter the decode results into a new upgrade with KM or RM.
Will_H

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok my bad! The code for the rcvr (HT) is 1572 and for the DVD player it is 2006 and if anyone needs the "RESET ALL" code it is 981
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have no data on RCVR/1572 nor on DVD/2006. Maybe one of the other experts does. But method (1) above is looking less likely. Anyway, there's still methods 2 through 4.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every Toshiba device that I've seen so far uses the NEC1 protocol, so decoding the signals using JP1 will be really easy. So either send the remote in for an official upgrade or get yourself a JP1 cable and make one yourself.

Here's a guide that shows just how easy the process really is...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: