JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony Sat-HD300 device code?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcmurphy88

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Sony Sat-HD300 device code? Reply with quote

I'm trying to set up a 15-1994 for a friend, and only have occasional access to the devices being set up, so I'm trying to get a first cut ready ahead of time.

Unfortunately, I haven't a clue what device code to use for the new Sony Sat-HD300 DirecTV HDTV reciever. If it's like the HD200, I can get that info, but I saw somewhere that it may be based on something else entirely (e.g. the new LG sat box).

Does anyone know what might be good as a starting point for a custom device for Sat-HD300?

Failing that, does anyone know how to extract info from a Pronto PCF file? From an MXD file?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony Sat-HD300 device code? Reply with quote

kcmurphy88 wrote:

Failing that, does anyone know how to extract info from a Pronto PCF file?

We don't have a program for that, like DecodeCCF for ccf files. But a few of us have downloaded the (free but very large) version of ProntoEdit that is used for pcf files and can thus open pcf files. ProntoEdit lets you copy the Pronto Hex for any learned signal, which you can then paste into IrTool to get the translation to protocol:device.subdevice:obc.

I hope looking at just a few translations would tell you whether the signals match a model that we have data on in more convenient form.

If you don't have that version of ProntoEdit installed, you can give me a URL for the pcf (or if necessary email the whole file) and I can check a few functions for you to see if it matches anything easy.
kcmurphy88

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony Sat-HD300 device code? Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
If you don't have that version of ProntoEdit installed, you can give me a URL for the pcf (or if necessary email the whole file) and I can check a few functions for you to see if it matches anything easy.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/dl.cgi?file=prontong/systems/roddy-mcgavin_pcf.zip&area=prontong
kcmurphy88

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony Sat-HD300 device code? Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:

OK, decided I should do my own work Wink

I'm looking at the IRTool output after decoding the only hex string I could find in the ProntoEditNG dispaly of the target file.

Sony 8bit device code
carreir 66
0=0017 0017
1=0031 0017
device 183 command 110 leadin 0062 0017 lead out 02d8, both 1time&repeat

Near as I can tell, the "command" is just one instance of a command, which one isn't clear. I assume the task now is to find something that matches in format and try that.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just downloaded Pronto Edit NG and have extracted the Pronto hex from that file...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/Sony-HD300-pronto-hex.txt

However, I don't have time to do anymore with it today.
kcmurphy88

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Robman. I'll see what I can do with your hex file.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony Sat-HD300 device code? Reply with quote

kcmurphy88 wrote:

Sony 8bit device code

You're either using a version of IrTool that hasn't been modified to use DecodeIR.dll, or you don't have DecodeIR.dll where IrTool can find it.

With decodes from DecodeIR.dll, it would be easier to match that up with Sony devices we already know. But at first glance it seems to be Sony device 183 as documented here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_sat.htm
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Just decoded all the hex codes and they match exactly to what's listed on the Sony site, check this link...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_sat.htm

Here's how the hex codes decode...

OBC Function
000 1
001 2
002 3
003 4
004 5
005 6
006 7
007 8
008 9
009 0
016 ch+
017 ch-
046 power off
047 power on
056 menu
058 info
108 prev ch
110 guide
114 arrow up
115 arrow down
116 arrow right
117 arrow left
118 select
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see John replied while I was replying saying the same thing (and I did use IRTool to get those decodes).
kcmurphy88

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I see John replied while I was replying saying the same thing (and I did use IRTool to get those decodes).

Thanks to you both. It would have taken me quite some time to hack that out, as some of the tools are quite new to me.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you get a basic upgrade created and working, if you want to be a true JP1-er your next move should be to test out all the other OBCs listed on the Sony site to see which ones work, even if there aren't buttons for those functions on your original remote. Then include those functions in your upgrade file before you load it into the file section. You could also post your results here where Rob H. (the guy who maintains the Sony site) can find them.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, the latest LG and Hughes DirecTV STB's have discrete commands for the various resolutions (1080i, 720p, 480p). They (the HD300, LG and Hughes latest HD STB's) are consistently said to be all manufactured by LG, but each use their own IR protocols, but it may be worth a search of all the codes if those are important for you

I recall the Hughes had a reset command that required a call to DirecTV to restore service, but no charge. So caveat emptor!

You can do a search here and find the thread and look in the device upgrades in the files to see what commands were found.
kcmurphy88

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Once you get a basic upgrade created and working, if you want to be a true JP1-er your next move should be to test out all the other OBCs listed on the Sony site to see which ones work, even if there aren't buttons for those functions on your original remote. Then include those functions in your upgrade file before you load it into the file section. You could also post your results here where Rob H. (the guy who maintains the Sony site) can find them.

Rob--

I'd normally do that, but it's a friends' device, so I don't have the same access and breakage rights as I would with my own.

However, for those tuning in, the standard Sony codes (OFA 639) for STBs work here. There are Sony Sat T60 files that cover advanced codes in the JP1 Satellite file area. Some cover PVR stuff which doesn't pertain, but the relevant ones seem to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: