JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can not get 2 functions in Pioneer 3DEV Protocol to work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
terschen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Can not get 2 functions in Pioneer 3DEV Protocol to work Reply with quote

I'm using the Pioneer 3DEV protocol to control a Pioneer VSX-53TX receiver. The 3 device codes I have entered are 165, 170 and 164. All of the functions I have defined are working except for 2 - surround movie and surround music. The learned signals for these functions show protocol Pioneer, device 165 Frequency 40201. The Movie function shows a 2 part OBC 90 (231 EFC) and OBC 199 (178 EFC) while Music shows OBC 90 and OBC 200 (045 EFC). I have them entered as functions noted as OBC/byte2 settings of 090/1 199 (hex shows 5A 9C) and 090/1 200 (hex shows 5A 82), yet they do not work (EFCs show 224). Numerous other combinations such as Surround Mode + that I have defined as 087/1 008, etc. work fine, as do the other single OBCs. I have these 2 functions working as learned signals currently, so everything I need works as is, however it bugs me that I can't get these two into a upgrade and deleted from learned memory. Any thoughts or ideas, or anything more I can provide for help? Thanks in advance.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a known bug/limitation of the 3DEV protocol. The protocol only takes 5 bits (from the 8 total) of the second OBC/EFC entered. It derives the remaining 3 bits from the original OBC/EFC. This is fine as long as Pioneer follows their own rules when assigning codes, but as you've found, they break them as often as they follow them.

So, for the few buttons that don't work, you should either use learning, or if that's not an option, create a dummy upgrade using the "Pioneer 2CMD" protocol and use key moves for these buttons.
terschen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob. I'll go the key moves route. ...Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: