JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chaparral Sierra III Codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bro

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Chaparral Sierra III Codes Reply with quote

I am interested in purchasing a JP1 compatible remote but need to know which model I should buy? I need one that will learn all the codes for a Chaparral Sierra III TVRO sat reciever. The IR/UHF remote that came with the reciever is dying and need to somehow learn the codes before it goes dead. I need a remote that will do all the codes not just channel up and power. It is a great reciever but have not used it to its full potential because of the remote problems. Thank you for any help.....
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say the remote is IR/UHF, does it use IR to communicate with the sat receiver? If not, what's the UHF for? For you to be able to program another remote to work this device it will need to respond to IR signals.

If it does respond to IR signals, the best remote for the buck that you can get is the URC-8811, which is an 8 device learning remote. You can get it from Walmart or me for about $19. You'll also need a JP1 cable, which I can include for $15. (You can't get those at Walmart).
Bro

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Sierra III Reply with quote

It has the option for UHF if you are in another room but its not really necessary because I have a RECOTON remote extender. My viewing is done upstairs and the reciever is downstairs. The reciever comes with a UHF module that you hook up to use if you want to use the RF option but its very intermittent.
I want to be sure that the remote I buy (whatever it is) will work with all the functions and commands from the original remote or programming via JP1. Will look at URC 8811 right now thanx....
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can never be 100% sure, but if 99% is good enough, you'll be fine. As long as the original remote is still putting out a signal, your JP1 learning remote will capture it and you can then use that data to build an upgrade.
Bro

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: URC 9911 not learning codes off of my Sierra III remote Reply with quote

Just tried using my friends URC9911 to learn some codes off of my Sierra III remote and it wouldn't learn! Any reason why?
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: URC 9911 not learning codes off of my Sierra III remote Reply with quote

Bro wrote:
Any reason why?
Yes.

But if you'd like a more specific answer, you're going to have to provide a little more detailed information as to what you did and in what way it did not work. In the meantime, here are some common reasons why it might have failed:

The learning memory in the remote is already full.

You performed the learning procedure incorrectly.

One or both remotes may need fresh batteries.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a command library in pronto hex for your exact model here

They decode to ID-000D device 2 and those commands could be done by any OFA JP1 remote. Those commands should be easy to learn. I'll add two more possibilities to Mike's list:

4. You have the remote in the UHF mode and it's not transmitting IR
5. Something we haven't thought of yet Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: