JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC8811 Upgrades needed for Sky+ Sat and Wharfdale DVD750 UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sherlock

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: URC8811 Upgrades needed for Sky+ Sat and Wharfdale DVD750 UK Reply with quote

Anybody out there got upgrades for Sky Plus and Wharfdale DVD 750 please ?
I've tried the Wharfdale M5 into my URC8811 ( thanks Robman for swift and efficient delivery ) but it doesn't appear to work. As I am new to Jp1 maybe it's me, but I have followed the instructions to the letter.

cheers

Sherlock

from the home of Royal Enfield
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Wharfdale DVD file we have is the Wharfdale_M5_DVD.txt file that you've already tried. If that doesn't work, you will need to learn the signals from your Wharfdale remote and see what they look like.

As for the Sky+, is this the same as the DigiBox, if so there are three different files (all similar) for this in the SAT folder
sherlock

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky + is different from the bog standard Sky digibox in that there are two tuners plus a PVR. The RC handset is physically different and not interchangeable with the standard Sky item. I've tried the digibox files which work OK on my other Sky digibox, but not on Sky +..

So I guess it a learning job

cheers
Sherlock
RussellS

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sherlock,

Are you still after the upgrade for Sky+?

I have just completed programming URC-8810 for the Sky+

I have the RM file if you want it. Can't help with the DVD though, sorry.

Let me know

Regards

Russell
PompeySteve

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Russell,

I'm expecting my URC9960 (Kameleon 8 ) any day now. Could you email me a copy of your Sky+ RM file?

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by PompeySteve on Mon May 17, 2004 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post RM or KM files you develop for your equipment in the Yahoo groups File section, so it is there for anyone who comes looking for it in the future.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
RussellS

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PompeySteve (by your name it sounds like you may be local)

I have uploaded the Sky+ RM upgrade file to the files section.

Here is the link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/4.%20RM%20Upgrade%20Files/Satellite/Sky+%20Remote.rmdu

It is working fine for me on my URC-8810 so if you have any problems or queries just let me know.

Also, I would be interested to know how you get on with your new Kameleon when you get it because I have been toying with the idea of getting one myself (US version). If you don't mind my asking, where did you get it from and how much was it.

Regards

Russell
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RussellS wrote:
Also, I would be interested to know how you get on with your new Kameleon when you get it because I have been toying with the idea of getting one myself (US version). If you don't mind my asking, where did you get it from and how much was it.

Hey Russell, just FYI, I have one URC-9960 Kameleon for sale. I have modified it to be JP1 compatible without needing a pogo-pin adapter and I'm asking $65 for it. I can probably ship it to the UK for about $9.
RussellS

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Thanks for letting me know about the Kameleon you have for sale. I still can't make my mind up if I want one or not. It seems that you don't have the tactile feel of "real" buttons but also you don't have the flexibility of an LCD remote. So rather than the "best of both worlds" as in the OFA literature it seems to me that you actually have the worst of both worlds.

However, I was looking at the other remotes you have and was wondering the following:

What is the difference between the URC-8810 (that I have now) and the 8910. Is it just the addition of the LCD screen and what info does that screen give.

Also what is the difference between the 8910 and the 9910 as they look exactly the same from the pictures. Also, in your remotes for sale post, you describe these two remotes as "donut version". what does that refer to.

Many thanks for your help

Russell
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RussellS wrote:
Hi Rob, Thanks for letting me know about the Kameleon you have for sale. I still can't make my mind up if I want one or not. It seems that you don't have the tactile feel of "real" buttons but also you don't have the flexibility of an LCD remote. So rather than the "best of both worlds" as in the OFA literature it seems to me that you actually have the worst of both worlds.

It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of the Kameleon myself, but then again, I'm not a fan of touchscreens either. However, I should point out that you do get some tactile feel of real buttons because when you press down on one of the Kameleon's buttons you can feel the button go down, but it's also true that you can't find a button without looking at the screen as you can't "feel" the buttons.

RussellS wrote:
However, I was looking at the other remotes you have and was wondering the following:

What is the difference between the URC-8810w (that I have now) and the 8910. Is it just the addition of the LCD screen and what info does that screen give.

That's basically it. The LCD screen displays what mode the remote is currently in, and you also use it to program the remote, rather than needing to use the 9xx type commands that you would use with your URC-8810w.

RussellS wrote:
Also what is the difference between the 8910 and the 9910 as they look exactly the same from the pictures.

The remote's do look the same, the difference is that the 9910 has an RF transmitter built into it which communicates with a command center that comes with the remote. This enables you to use the remote from a different room than the one your devices are located in.

RussellS wrote:
Also, in your remotes for sale post, you describe these two remotes as "donut version". what does that refer to.

There's two versions of these remotes out there, one that has a "donut" style ring that you use to navigate on screen menus, and another that has regular arrow buttons.
RussellS

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Sorry, but I have one more question. Does the command centre part of the 9910 run from batteries or from a mains adapter. Obviously, this is a consideration for me in the UK as a US mains adapter would be no good and I would have to sort something else out.

Your remotes for sale post is a bit out of date now so do you have any 8811, 8910, and 9910 remotes available.

(Alright, so it was two questions)

All the best

Russell
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RussellS wrote:
Does the command centre part of the 9910 run from batteries or from a mains adapter. Obviously, this is a consideration for me in the UK as a US mains adapter would be no good and I would have to sort something else out.

It's mains, so you would need an adapter, but they're pretty easy to come by (from Dixons or somewhere like that)

RussellS wrote:
Your remotes for sale post is a bit out of date now so do you have any 8811, 8910, and 9910 remotes available.

Out of date in what way, and yes, I still have all three available.
PompeySteve

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RussellS wrote:
Hi PompeySteve (by your name it sounds like you may be local)

Indeed I am local.. North End to be precise Smile

RusselS wrote:
I have uploaded the Sky+ RM upgrade file to the files section.

Many thanks, will try it out when my remote arrives! 10 days and counting.

RusselS wrote:

I got it from eBay, the item URL is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3095018042

It cost me just over £48 including shipping. I've not received it yet, but am expecting it any day now. I'll pass on my thoughts when I receive it. I ordered a JP1 cable from filebug.com

[/url]
RussellS

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

I only thought the "Remotes for sale" post was out of date because it was dated Nov 2003 so I assumed the quantities available would not be accurate.

Anyway, I am sending you an email regarding the items I would like to buy.

Regards

Russell
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RussellS wrote:
I only thought the "Remotes for sale" post was out of date because it was dated Nov 2003 so I assumed the quantities available would not be accurate.

Yeah, but if you look at the bottom of the post you'll see that I'm constantly editing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: