JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6131 and ReplayTV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
groovetopia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: URC-6131 and ReplayTV Reply with quote

I bought a 6131 before I discovered this forum and have what sees to be little more than a simple yes or no question (with maybe some qualifiers). So...

Is there a way I can take an off-the-shelf 6131 and change 1 button to skip forward 2 minutes or 3 minutes on my panasonic 2000 and 1 button to skip back 2 or 3 minutes (or 1)?

Thanks for any input...
Herbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the "panasonic 2000", is this a PVR box or something?

Does it already have the capability to do the skipping you want? (i.e. does the original remote do this?)
groovetopia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Panasonic Showstopper 2000 replaytv. The original remote doesn't perform this function, but I know I can buy a hacked remote that will do it...it seems to be a capability of the unit...maybe a combo of two buttons (like 3 and -> to get a 3 minute skip).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the subject line for you to make it somewhat better describe what you're asking about.

As you can see, asking questions about a "panasonic 2000" isn't going to get you very far, you should refer to the device as a ReplayTV unit, then we'll know what you're talking about (although most of us would also know what a "Panasonic Showstopper" is.

Anyway, you are correct that the hacked remotes that offer a 3 minute skip button are basically using a kind of macro which combines the '3' and 'QS' buttons. You could do this on remotes that support macros by simply programming a macro to send those two buttons.

However, the URC-6131 only supports macros when it's programmed using JP1. So, there's no way to make your URC-6131 do this without modifying it for JP1 I'm afraid.
groovetopia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the post-etiquette tip...

and thanks for the info about the remote...I was just hoping there was a loophole in that whole "upgradeable" thing...shoulda checked for info online before I bought the remote...was an impulse buy...

nothing I see says that jp1 gets along with a mac...but I haven't looked around too much...I'm still a little confused by the whole thing...

thanks again for the info...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you only have a Mac, then you are outta luck I'm afraid. The best non-JP1 remote for ReplayTV is probably the MX-500, which can be had for under $100 if you shop around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: