JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

dumb question... remote controlled ceiling fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reybie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: dumb question... remote controlled ceiling fans Reply with quote

LOL

Is there such a code to be able to control those remotely-controlled ceiling fans? We're talking remotes here now so why not try to control anything remotely controllable? Embarassed

If I get to control that fan with a 6131 (which I'm thinking of getting), I think I'm going to impress the wife Very Happy
SemperFi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a Hunter ceiling fan like mine it is RF not IR. There are 1 or 2 remotes that have rf but I don't know if they will learn or have built in code for the fan.

If your current remote has an led on the end like a regular remote you shouldn't have any problem. It may take a little work though.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RF used by extraneous devices used by devices like fans, etc. are NOT on the same frequency as the ueic remotes. However, i recall seeing a website where a guy documents the frequency of some ofthese RF devices and has schematics, parts liostings, etc. for "converters". Basically you can make adevice that receives the RF signal, and convert the frequency to that used by the fan. I don't have any RF devices so saving or remembering that link wasn't a priority. I believe it's been posted at remotecentral in several OFA posts.

Jim
reybie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'll have to check the remote to see if it has one of those LEDs. I know it's powered by a 9V battery if that's of any help.
zymurgist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few garage door openers that learn RF signals. You might want to try those.
reybie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's ok, it was one of those ideas Smile
I was thinking along the line that I was going for universal remote to rid of the clutter anyway so why not try and get the fan out of the way too Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: