JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I cant believe this!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chas6000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: I cant believe this!! Reply with quote

I cannot believe how little money I have spent and how I now have pretty much exactly the remote that I want!

(bought a 9910 with IR repeater and JP1 cable)

I want hard keys - can sometimes work by feel - cant with LCD touchscreens.

I could have spent 100s of dollars (maybe $1000?), and instead, I got what I wanted for less than $60 with shipping. AND it has been kind of fun too! And it is backed up - so when the kid steps on it - all i have to do is by a replacement for $25 and in minutes I'm back in business.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE HELPED - THIS IS A GREAT COMMUNITY!
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it worked well for you. It is truly amazing what you can do with an OFA remote with a JP1 cable.

If you have any suggestions for making the documentation more explicit, you are in a good position to remember what was confusing before you forget the early misconceptions.
chas6000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the documentation is pretty good as it is. i think examples always help and the more the better.

in fact, aside from wading through lots of IR files and extender files contributed, is there any other place where one can find examples and ideas of what people have done with JP1? I know that this particular forum is supposed to be for 'tips and tricks' as well, but is there also a repository of code with descriptions other than what I mentioned above?
Juppers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a ton of fun JP1ing anything I could get my hands on. Smile As for documentation, I think a little better description and examples of the special protocols would be nice. I still haven't figured out the device switcher, and before the latest IR, DSMs and LKP/DKPs took a little while to understand.

With the new notes stuff in IR, it would be good to see the extender files include descriptions of the protocols and devices included. It would simplify the amount of reference a beginner would need to do when they aren't sure what special protocol is what. I know when I was first starting, I had to keep at least 5 text files open just for reference as to what does what. Again, the latest IR greatly reduces and simplifies the more complicated steps, I just hope the extenders and such are updated to take advangtage of the new features.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: