JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

General Instruments 4DTV & VOOM - beta testers needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: General Instruments 4DTV & VOOM - beta testers needed Reply with quote

I have just written a brand new version of the hacked 4DTV protocol that is much cleaner and smaller than the last version, so I'd like someone with a 4DTV unit to give it a whirl. here's the file

I've checked the output and it appears to be correct, but you can never be certain until someone runs it by the gear itself!

The temporary KM file I created is just for unit code 0. When it gets added to KM and RM you will be able to specify the unit code again.

Last edited by The Robman on Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, this protocol is also used in the STB's for the new VOOM all high defintion satellite service that started recently.
DocMCSE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, et.al...,
I have downloaded and tested your beta 4dtv protocol on a ReplayTV 5000 remote and a OFA 8910 remote and it works great. Saved 15 bytes in the ReplayTV's memory and over 30 bytes in the 8910 since I replaced the older "hacked" 4dtv protocol from both remotes. All functions I have tried worked just as expected, and I hope to get a chance later to try out the other buttons (lesser used functions).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doc.
mikewv100

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Voom Upgrade code Reply with quote

I just got Voom. The Upgrade code works perfectly. Thanks
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

How do you like VOOM?

Would you like to search for hidden commmands?

there are only 63 total commands in this protocol. Here are the ones (OBC's) that aren't in Rob's upgrade:

40 through 63

I'm thinking that since this is a HD box that it may have discrete commands such as aspect (4:3, 16:9), Output resolution (720p, 1080i) and perhaps RD and HD modes. It might even have power On and Off although that is the least important, IMO.

You can just add those OBC's to the bottom of Rob's upgrade in the Functions tab, select those commands in the Buttons Tab and create a new device upgrade that you temporarily add to test.

There is always a risk when testing unknown commands that you get into some setup mode or reset your settings. I do know people have tested all 64 commmands on the 4DTV boxes with no reported problems.
mikewv100

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Voom Reply with quote

I find the upgrade code perfect I have one question. When using voom remote there is a green button that moves thru the HD channels only. I don't see that code mapped to any button. How can I find out what the efc is, or should I just learn it and be done?

Mike
mikewv100

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: to Jon Reply with quote

I posted before I read your post I will do that now and report my findings thanks for figuring out what I needed before I did!!
bigbge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Problems with VOOM upgradw Reply with quote

I posted this also in another forum, Code Search, probably belongs here.

I just got VOOM. I have the OFA 8910. I installed the upgrade code posted by robman for 4dtv using kemap-master and IR. I have done this before so I know the process. The upgrade (device 1362) does not work at all. When I push any button I notice the red led on the remote emits a very brief/dim flash. I suspect something is not right with the protocol. Yes I installed both the Device and protocol upgrades.

I called OFA support. They said there was a code, 0869, for VOOM. It is already in my remote. Did some quick testing and it works so far.

Need help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that you had the URC-8910 selected in KM. The symptoms you describe make it sound like you had an older remote selected, such as the 15-1994, etc
bigbge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. I forgot the last remote selected is not remembered. Thanks for the great troubleshooting.
glikness

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: voom code update Reply with quote

just finished modification on the voom code and have it working with ALL keys.Uploaded to file section.
tv-ge
reciever-pioneer
ota-usdtv
dvd-pioneer dv503
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: