JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Codes for STBs: Mot DSR550 & Eastern SC996-T105

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fulino2004

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Codes for STBs: Mot DSR550 & Eastern SC996-T105 Reply with quote

I managed to upgrade four of my six components (TV, VCR, DVD, A/V) without using any 2116 learning memory (thanks to Jon!) but now have problems with the remainig two: Motorola STB DSR550 and Eastern STB SC996-T195. 2116 will learn the comands but for Motorola this is what I am getting from IR:

To tun on power:

Protocol1 Async5:877-878:60.77..D7.FF
Protocol2 G.I 4DTV
Device1 119
Device2 0
Sub1 85
Sub2 nothing
OBC1 215
OBC2 6
HEX EFC Misc1 nothing nothing 60 77 55 D7 FF
HEX EFC Misc2 nothing nothing nothing

What can I do with that??? The codes for other comands are similar. Motorola setup code is 869 - but coud not find any advanced or descrete codes anyway!

The Eastern STB model SC996-T105 (used by Globecast to receive European stations via Telstar 5) power on comand is decoded by IR

Device OBC HEX EFC
128 154 A6 255

but have no setup code so when used for example 2000 it will not respond. Also, it will not respond to EFC code when testing but will respond to learned bottons. Is it because I do not have the correct setup code? I did upgrade for poweron and used setup 2000 on CBL botton, no reaction. How can I find the correct setup code having the device code 128? Is there any crossreference? None of the listed setup codes I could find would do any good. Please help!

Frank
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,

Save your learned commands in IR.exe and post them in the JP1 Yahoo groups Files|diagnosis area. We can figure out what is going on from that.

When you post them, let us know here.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Async decode is wrong. Ignore it.

The G.I.4DTV decode is correct.

Most Motorola STBs use a different G.I. protocol, but I've seen a few that use the G.I.4DTV protocol. I even made an upgrade for one of those for someone I work with.

I think there's a standard UEI setup code that covers most of the functions of that (listed in the UEI code lists under G.I. and not listed under Motorola).

I forget whether KM or RM does G.I.4DTV in an understandable way and whether there's an upgrade posted in the devices folder. I'll check later.
fulino2004

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Jon suggested I posted a simple IR.txt file in the diagnosis group ("STB learnedIR.txt") for both DSR550 and Eastern SC996-T105 STBs. For diagnosis purpose I only did power ("pause") and ch+/- comands. Both units do respond to these learned codes but when doing upgrade they do not react. Motoola setup code is 869, for Eastern I do not know (while in upgrade I picked an arbitrary code 2000, the CBL device button took it but STB does nothing). I would like a link to all other codes and for macros also the descretes for at least power on/off functions. Pls help.

re John: ok, if I use the G.I 4DTV protocol that still does not help with the codes. Why IR s/w did not decode those OBC codes? Can other comands use diferent protocols? If yes, how to use them in upgrade/KM s/w?

Thanks for any idea - Frank
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fulino2004 wrote:

re John: ok, if I use the G.I 4DTV protocol that still does not help with the codes. Why IR s/w did not decode those OBC codes? Can other comands use diferent protocols? If yes, how to use them in upgrade/KM s/w?

It does display the OBC.

I must not understand what you mean by "decode those OBC".

It does not display EFC codes because EFC numbers are basically useless in UEI's generator for G.I.4DTV.

You can't make this upgrade in KM using EFCs. But it's easy using OBCs and the "GI 4DTV Official" protocol. (It's probably equally easy in the "Hacked" protocol, but I can't check that now).

1) Leave unit code blank or enter the default value of 0 (either will give the same result).

2) On the functions tab, if OBC is not in column B, press the "Swap EFC/OBC" button so that it it is in column B.

3) Enter the OBC values from the decoded signals into that OBC column.

If you want a complete upgrade you need to get the OBC values from all the functions. If you don't want to learn and decode those, you may be better off using RM instead of KM (I think KM can also do what I'm about to describe, but I don't know the details).

1) Look at Cable/0869 in the Devices4 spreadsheet.
2) Select from the first to last hex value in column F. (F2 through F39).
3) Press ^C to copy
4) Select G.I.4DTV Official in RM and then select the top cell of the Hex colum in its functions sheet
5) Press the Paste button at the bottom of the page.
6) Add any missing functions based on decodes.

If you don't want to make a whole upgrade. You can suplement the built-in 0869 with KeyMoves, but you still need KM or RM to translate the OBC to a hex command (because EFCs don't work in this protocol). Then use the hex command when creating the KeyMove in IR.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE post a link to your files when you post them! Here's a link to the file: STBs.learnedIR.txt

Try these upgrades...

Upgrade Code 0 = 77 D0 (SAT/2000)
A4 00 20 00 05 2C E0 F4 D4 9C E8
End

Upgrade Code 0 = 67 D1 (Cable/2001)
5A 00 20 00 03 00 FE FE A6 86 BE
End
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: