JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rat shack 2116 AND gefen dvi switcher
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, his file has b. and c. in it. Learned aux 4 and 5 are the learned switcher commands and the device upgrade Video/0000 is assigned to the Aux device and to keys 1 and 2.

wvudrj, is your Geffen switcher connected to a wired IR distribution system? Is the Geffen's IR target in plain view of the remote?

I compared the two commands that were learned to those produced by an OFA remote. The second of those commands Aux 5 was an EXACT match. Every burst was exactly the same duration and the frame length was identical down to the microsecond. The other was very close.

Since all the data is contained only in the first frame of NEC1, I doubt if adding repeats will help, recognition reliability. But you should try Mark's recommendation first since that changes the order and will send repeats as long as the button is depressed. If that works you could just add some dummy commands for a little more delay between commands. If that doesn't work then the duration control

I don't think it is a problem with the command produced but timing between other commands or a mechanical or geometry problem. It is possible that the receiver wants to see a repeated null frame, but that wouldn't explain how one of the learned commands works.
wvudrj

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will try these things and get back
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: