JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

umc-8800 With Samsung SIR-TS360

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsidlauskas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: umc-8800 With Samsung SIR-TS360 Reply with quote

I'm trying to install an upgrade in my UMC-8800 so I can control a Samsung SIR-TS360 HDTV receiver. I downloaded the upgrade file for this device from Yahoo and installed it with no luck. I got hold of the PRONTO CCF file, converted it and compared it to the upgrade file and they both appear to be the same.

In some desperation I got out the scope and a photo detector and looked at what I saw from the Samsung remote and the 8800 for the power on command. In Hex these are:

Samsung 90 90 40 bf
8800 00 40 bf

The power on command (bf) is there in both cases, but the preamble is clearly different.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave Sidlauskas
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When dealing with problems like this, it's much easier to deal with the files rather than just with descriptions. So could you upload your image file (from IR.exe) to the Yahoo diagnosis area. Then please post a link to the that file (and one to the Yahoo upgrade wouldn't hurt either. Without that we're just guessing as to what went wrong.
dsidlauskas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: File Links Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice.

The link to the IR.EXE file is {deleted}
If that doesn't work its 8800Prog_V2.txt in files>diagnostics.

The link to the upgrade file is:
{deleted}

And that is Samsung_SIR-TS360_Tuner.txt in Files > 3. Device Codes > HDTV .

hanks for your help.

Dave
dsidlauskas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Links that should work:

{deleted}

{deleted}

Dave
dsidlauskas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Forget About It Reply with quote

I've got the Samsung TS360 upgrade working, but I'll be damned if I understand why.

I've been using RemoteMaster to load the upgrade and change the remote to my 8800. For the first 10,000 times I did this, the fixed data came up 31 ff ff. Now, going through exactly(?) Confused the same process, and with no changes to the upgrade file, the fixed data comes up 31 6f 6f and the remote works. Now, the device number and sub-device number are both 9. I think they were also both 9 when I was geting 31 ff ff, but I can't be sure. In any event, I wasn't changing those.

Thanks for your help. I just wish I had learned something.

Dave
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I have deleted all your links because (a) they don't work and (b) they were messing up the way this thread displayed.

Please go back and read the sticky post about posting links to Yahoo files and then re-post them.
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Forget About It Reply with quote

dsidlauskas wrote:
I've got the Samsung TS360 upgrade working, but I'll be damned if I understand why.

I've been using RemoteMaster to load the upgrade and change the remote to my 8800. For the first 10,000 times I did this, the fixed data came up 31 ff ff. Now, going through exactly(?) Confused the same process, and with no changes to the upgrade file, the fixed data comes up 31 6f 6f and the remote works. Now, the device number and sub-device number are both 9. I think they were also both 9 when I was geting 31 ff ff, but I can't be sure. In any event, I wasn't changing those.

Thanks for your help. I just wish I had learned something.

Dave

Well either there was a bug in RM or some how the device and sub-device are getting erased. 6F is 9 bit-swapped and reverse ordered and is obviously what you were looking for.

If you want to learn something, you can try out the extender and put macros on your device buttons, etc. Smile
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Forget About It Reply with quote

dsidlauskas wrote:
I just wish I had learned something

I'll bet that's the last time you forget to put alumunum foil over your head when working with JP1 Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: