JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ZTE IPTV B703V3A Discrete Codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: ZTE IPTV B703V3A Discrete Codes Reply with quote

I'm looking for the On and Off Discrete codes for this IP TV box, ZTE IPTV B703V3A.
A little history if you are interested. I was able to record their remote button into my URC-9910. then with the help of IR.exe I found out what protocol it was, Nokia32, 33, 169, 39. Then inserted in Keymap-master all the codes by brute force in till I found which codes did what to the cable/ip box. This worked fine, with one exception I was not able to find the discrete on and off codes! I found the toggle but I'm really not interested on that code because that really screws up the On & Off macros. I called Cincinnati Bell for help but they had no idea!

Anyone has any ideas?
Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very rare for cable boxes to have discrete power codes. I recommend you load the extender for the 9910 and use toadtogs to make your own discretes. Or just leave the box on all the time and leave it out of your macros.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=ToadTog

The way to find the codes, if they exist are to continue your brute force search through all 256 possible OBCs (0-255). If you don't run across it in that search, it doesn't exist.

There was no need to build the device the way you did. We've had upgrades for that box for years. Here are a couple of them. It has all the codes we know of, but no discrete on/off.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10457
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10438
leop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej,
Thanks for your prompt response. I have programmed one other time a few ToadTog, a long time ago, and I dont think I had it quite right. It proved to be harder than I planned for some reason. After I (think) succeeded, I/we still had issues keeping all devices in synch. For many reasons the remote or device will be out of synch due to some environmental interference (light), signal blocking, wife manually turning On/Off device, etc. So to me ToadTog doesn't seam that reliable!! Maybe i did not get it right. Is not me that is the problem is other people using the remotes that have issues! It would be nice for all devices to come on or off (as suppose to toggle), that would be much simpler, so it always works, but apparently that is not possible.
It might be best to leave the box always ON and remove it from macros, but will that be using bandwidth when not need it? Also the original remote control that WE do use at times, will forcefully turn box on/off. Also the device turns itself after 4 hrs of no use. But this can be change in the setting.
As for the existing codes, I did not see them in till I spent time working on it! i might need to download them because I can not find the one I created recently. I think I might had deleted them accidentally.

Again, Thanks for your Help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: