JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

code search Panasonic DMR-HCT230 for RCA RCRP05BR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilvanwil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: code search Panasonic DMR-HCT230 for RCA RCRP05BR Reply with quote

I have this Panasonic settopbox, (cable tuner and HDD recorder) but can't find a general code that works, and programming all buttons is limited unfortunately.
So hopefully someone can help to find a code, or provide a file that can be loaded to my rca remote. I have a JP1 cable, so that part is covered already. I tried to connect and save but it resulted in not being able to program my remote anymore Sad
Buttons I had programmed don't work anymore and trying to program also doesn't work Sad
I can't even use 976 to clear all. When I press the setup button, the light blinks once, and another one time, then when I release the button, it blinks 5 times.... bugger

1. Device: Panasonic DMR-HCT230
2. Type of device: settopbox
3. Year: 2014
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RCA RCRP05BR
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? yes (only one recent file for a slingbox available)
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes
9. Partially working setup code? 1941 (works for volume and on/off, standard code for tv)
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? yes, but no luck, and rmdu files I can't load in the rc programmer tool
12. If you have a Nevo (or similar) remote, have you tried ez-rc.com or simpleset.com? n/a

pls help, would appreciate it. If you need any additional info, pls let me know.
thanks,
Wil
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change your batteries. Those blinks mean they're low.

Here's the upgrade to use (the slingbox one you already found):
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13113

If you can't load rmdu files, then install Remote Master.
wilvanwil

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Change your batteries. Those blinks mean they're low.

Here's the upgrade to use (the slingbox one you already found):
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13113

If you can't load rmdu files, then install Remote Master.

you're so right, didn't know that, just new to this remote.
so got these changed, and tried programming the tv section as much as possible, but as I understand now, programming takes a lot of the limited memory. Especially the panasonic codes are 45bytes, where sony has about 25 bytes, so after 46 buttons it stopped on me.
Now I read on the remote central forum, these learned codes can be set to be "standard", so they will only take about 2 bytes.
Then I guess I would have more space again to program more buttons, in the audio section.

I have downloaded the remote master software, and I can download the data from the remote. That's where I found the 46 learned keys.
Then I wonder if the advanced option "blast upper memory" will do the trick to free up memory so I can learn more keys.

Pls advise if this is the way to move on, and which one of the options is the best to use.
I need about 15 more keys to program I think.

thanks for any feedback.
regards,
Wil
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilvanwil wrote:

Then I wonder if the advanced option "blast upper memory" will do the trick to free up memory so I can learn more keys.

The blast upper memory is not to clean up the remote, it is for doing discoveries when we are building RDFs for newly discovered memory.

After you have transferred your learns to an upgrade, delete the learns. Then you will have room to learn more keys.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
wilvanwil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, after some more trying and searching I found in the "Learned Signals" tab, the option: "Convert to device upgrade", and that works the way I like it. There I could have the most signals easily converted to an upgrade.

I didn't find any mentioning of this feature in the tutorials, but maybe I didn't read the correct tutorials.
Anyway, now I'm very happy with this remote, and can recommend it to anyone who has or is willing to buy the jp1 cable.

Next step for me is to find out how to import or add an upgrade to an existing rmir file. I still have some other learned signals I saved as an upgrade file, I would like to add those.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Convert to device upgrade" function is not really complete and only works with certain protocols, so it hasn't been well publicized. We typically convert learned signals to upgrades by hand.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I recently updated the tutorial to cover the convert feature:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#Starting_a_New_Upgrade_and_the_Setup_Tab

This section describes how to import an upgrade:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#Finding_and_Loading_an_Upgrade
wilvanwil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhrgghh, frustrating, it's just not working... I tried several scenario's, used different protocols, but it's just not perfect.... loaded, cleaned the remote over and over, no succes...
even testing some manual entries for an upgrade isn't working...

for example, I just took out learned signals for buttons 1, 2 and 3, programmed them manually in an upgrade, linked them to type TV, then loaded them on the remote, 1,2 and 3 just don't respond, the CBL button flashes. I push 4, 5 or whatever, it works, and the TV button flashes.

the only thing that does work, is reloading the version I first created, with the 46 learned buttons. But I want more...

anyone any suggestions how to get succesfull?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your working RMIR file and broken RMIR file here so we can take a look at it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=user_upload&cat_id=35
wilvanwil

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Post your working RMIR file and broken RMIR file here so we can take a look at it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=user_upload&cat_id=35

thanks, I've done so, names of the posts starts with Panasonic DMR-HTC230

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14344

and

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14345

cheers,
Wil
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One issue is that you have made an upgrade with setup code Cable 2000, but haven't assigned 2000 to any device button. On the General tab, replace the Cable button setup code of 1376 to 2000.

Also, some of the learned signals are Panasonic 176.1 instead of 176.0. We'll need to use the Panasonic Mix Combo executor if you want to send those signals.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the complete file with 3FGs suggestions. One oddball command "A" didn't look right, so I took an educated guess (please test that one). I also guessed at discrete on and off which I put on the Pip Ch buttons for testing purposes. Please test those as well.

To try it, go to Device, Edit, Open, OK, assign 2000 to CBL button. Then please rename the functions so they match the original remote instead of your RCA remote button names. Most of them probably already match.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14347
wilvanwil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot mdavej and 3FG!!
the file I got loaded, and works as expected I guess.
I needed to reprogram some buttons, as they were working on the TV where I needed STB. But with the upgrade, at least I have new space to program more.
This is great so I can get the other remotes out!
(my favorite Sony RM vl610 is dead...several buttons do not respond anymore untill I get really tough on them... looks like my kids... ;-p )
The yellow(A) button I reprogrammed, it was not working, no problem.

Just one thing I will not get to work I notice now. The Power button I cannot program to turn the TV on or off....Not when in CBL mode.

Before when I programmed all buttons to be active in the TV mode, the Power button I could use to turn the TV on and off... I had the "live" button programmed to turn the STB on/off.

Now with all the buttons programmed in the CBL mode, I can't switch off the TV with the Power button, and I can't seem to program it.
What can I do to get the Power button to be THE button to switch the TV on and off....?
(I can program another button, but it's not as convenient, and for the management here at home a nogo Wink)

Thanks again, and hopefully there's a solution to the Power button,
Wil
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The power button behavior is a limitation of this model remote which cannot be changed with an extender. Alternatives are Shift-power or some other button or load the extender.

If you are interested in the extender, you can load it and program any button to do anything, including power. But it is complicated for a beginner to understand.

With the extender, I put my power and input macros directly on the device buttons. So to watch TV, I simply press TV and it turns everything on and switches to appropriate inputs with a single button press.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: