JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yamaha DSP-1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evlampiy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Yamaha DSP-1 Reply with quote

Subject: Yamaha DSP-1 Sound field processor

1. Device: Yamaha DSP-1
2. Type of device: Sound Processor Pre Amp
3. Year: 1985
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: any compatible EU model
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, didn't find anything
12. If you have a Nevo (or similar) remote, have you tried ez-rc.com? n/a

I have found the Yamaha_DSP-1.TXT file in the file archive here and it looks like it is for URC 9910 or 8910 - American remote controls. Can I get some advice from the experts if there is a control code available for any European models of JP1 URC current or second hand ones. Is there any preprogrammed remotes where you can simply choose that device to control? Any suggestion is very welcome. Some remotes available around are Kameleon 8040 or Kameleon 8308.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yamaha_DSP_1 upgrade is using a Nec1 device 125 signal. I'm sure most modern universal remotes that list Yamaha in there audio supported list could get you some of the basic functionality that you may need.

The beauty of JP1able UEI remotes, is that we can get you any functionality that you need, not just the codes built in. Even some of the lower UEI models that we can't program directly with our tools have a keymover ability where you can program in the additional functionality via the keyboard. UEI remotes are special!

This being a Yamaha product though makes me suspicious of the NEC1 upgrade that you are looking at, because Yamaha has a special variation of the NEC1 protocol that controls some of the more advanced options. We can add that functionality if you get a remote that we can program from the computer.

Here is a list of jp1able UEI remotes although it doesn't list the NEVO C2 ($16 on ebay) which I just picked up at christmas, nor the OARUSB04G that I just ordered on advice from this forum. Make sure you look at the last column which will tell you if its a US remote, or a European model.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=RemoteChart

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
evlampiy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... for me it sounds like I have to find someone who is knowledgeable enough to program the JP1 device and there is no complete preprogrammed code / template for that particular Yamaha unit. If I understand correctly the only basic functionality can be implemented with the standard upgrade code. Unfortunately for this sound processor there is no such thing like "basic functionality." A lot of parameters should be managed remotely and there is no buttons on the unit itself. All the operations should be done from that remote control. For more than ten years I used Dell PDA with some kind of free remote control software on it. That allowed me to completely control the device. Unfortunately now PDA is dead and I do not even remember the name of that software. That is why I started looking for an alternative.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evlampiy, you don't need to be very knowledgeable about JP1, or even that good with computers, to be a basic JP1 user. In your case, we have already developed an upgrade for your device, so if you had a JP1 remote, all you would need to do is load the upgrade, you don't have to understand how it works or anything like that, just know that it does work.

In the old days you would have to buy a JP1 cable to program the remote, where the cable would cost as must or even more than the cost of the remote, but now they make remotes with USB ports that can be programmed with standard USB cables. The European remote that you want to look for is the URC-6440, or you could order the Nevo C2 from China, both are very inexpensive.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16877
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,
The DSP-1 is a older Yamaha Sound Projector, and it uses NEC1 devices 120 and 125. The more complicated format is only used in recent Yamaha equipment. All of the IR signals for the DSP-1are listed in a PDF provided by Yamaha, so we can be sure that we can get whatever commands evlampiy needs.
evlampiy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much guys for all your words. It makes me be more optimistic now. Could you please kindly tell me whether this upgrade is free?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you pay anything when you downloaded the txt file in your first post? Then, it is indeed free. All you have to do is pick your model remote from a drop down list, and it will work. Which remote are you going to buy?
evlampiy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my point of view NEVO C2 looks pretty nice. I going to be really happy if I can get my processor back to life with only $20 of investment. Please pinch me I am possibly dreaming. Very Happy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF all you're missing is a remote, you can certainly do that as the Nevo sells for about $17 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251875255703
evlampiy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already ordered one from that link. Thank you. It is about three weeks or so for delivery. So we have time to prepare the upgrade file. Is there anything I can help you with in order this file to be done.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, just post back here when it arrives
evlampiy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevo C2 just came in. What do I have to do now?
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest RMIR package can be downloaded from the 'RMIR 2.03 available' thread:- http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16086

- Double-click Setup.vbs, which creates two shortcuts, "RMIR" and "Remote Master", in the installation folder.

- Double-click the shortcut "RMIR" to open RMIR

- Connect the remote with a JP1 cable, or Xsight/Nevo/OARUSB04G/URC6440 with their original usb cables.

- In RMIR, still open, click on the logo for 'download from the attached remote', the fifth button in the third row from the top, and see the notes on the same page in RMIR.

- Click the devices tab, then New, then Open an upgrade (.rmdu file) as required for new devices (from the file section, upgrades).

- Do the configuration you want using the tabs and buttons in RMIR.

- When ready, with the remote connected by the usb lead, click on the logo for 'upload to the attached remote', the sixth button in the third row from the top, and try it out.
evlampiy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can see I have to have .rmdu file for my unit to upload it into the remote. Unfortunately that config file is not in the file area yet. As soon as it is there I would be happy to try it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evlampiy wrote:
As far as I can see I have to have .rmdu file for my unit to upload it into the remote. Unfortunately that config file is not in the file area yet. As soon as it is there I would be happy to try it.
It's the same one you found to begin with. Also in 2nd post of this thread, 1st link. File has been in the file area for 10 years. Pick your remote model from the drop-down list when you open the file, arrange the buttons/functions to your liking.

Our upgrades aren't for specific remotes. They work for any remote. The model you see is just whatever remote the person who created the file happened to have at the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: