JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OARUSB04G Help with ROKU programming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timhk63

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: OARUSB04G Help with ROKU programming Reply with quote

Just purchased OARUSB04 One For All. Out of the package it was simple to set my TV and DBS system , but have found programming for ROKU 4 a complete pain. Contacting support and the simpelset.com have been mostly useless. I can't even find a proper manual. When using the simplset.com website it gives me a DOS error when I try to overwrite the .bin file. I have tried this on several windows PCs with same results, so it appears to be a site problem. I tried entering the 3 four digit codes provided using info I found on a manual from a similar One For All Remote, but that didn't work. Found this site while searching for answers could someone possibly provide me with some help
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBL 3061 is the correct code. We also have a Roku device upgrade here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12733

No site problem, but the site is useless. Thing is, when you add a code via the site, it's just loaded into the remote, but not assigned to any button. You have to do that after the fact. Very confusing.

You should really try RM instead.

EDIT: To add to what 3FG said below, every time you download settings.bin, new copies get renamed with (1), (2), etc. These names must be changed, as he said, before attempting to copy back to the remote.

Last edited by mdavej on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a higher opinion of the Simpleset site than mdavej. But of course RMIR is much more powerful and flexible, and that's how I interact with my OARUSB04G.

Regarding the DOS error, do be sure that you're trying to copy a file named settings.bin to the remote. No other name or variations of the name are permitted. If the the DOS error really persists, RMIR won't work either because it uses the same file mechanism to communicate with the '04G. However, at least for me, any time I've seen an OS error, it's been my error.
timhk63

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: OARUSB04G Help with ROKU programming Reply with quote

I used the 3061 code and tried to assign to audio since that is where the code is listed. I have DISH assigned to the STB button.......what is RM and how do I load it to the remote and use it? Sorry I'm new to this site
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you where to get RM:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/controlremote/files/

Someone else will have to tell you how to use it with the '04G. I never use that remote, so it's hard for me to remember the unusual way it works.

I'm not sure about your Roku issue. I could have sworn it was a CBL (STB) code. That may be your problem (trying to use it as an AUD code). Sorry, I'm pretty useless when it comes to that remote.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM can make your life easier, but here's how to use Setup code STB 3061 on the Audio button:
A) Reassign the Audio button to act as a STB device button-
1) Hold setup until 2 blinks
2) Enter 992
3) Tap STB
4) Tap AUDIO You should bet two blinks of the Audio button.

B) Assign 3061 to the Audio button-
1) Hold setup until 2 blinks
2) Tap Audio
3) Enter 3061
You should get two blinks, which indicates the operation was a success.

The functions which are enabled are:
Guide
Up
Left
OK
Right
Down
Rewind
Pause/Play
FastFwd
Info
PrevCh

Note that on the OARUSB04G, you must hold the Rewind and FFWD buttons for more than 1 second before the signal is sent.
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: OARUSB04G Manual Reply with quote

You may not already have seen the official 'secret' manual for OARUSB04G which I think is only in the User Manuals section here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12385

and yes RM makes setting up SO much easier and irons out the idiosyncrasies. With or without it, there is also the extender
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16260

Not sure how much use it is Smile but this might also be of interest
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13466
timhk63

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: OARUSB04G Help with ROKU programming Reply with quote

Thanks reassigning the Audio as STB solved the ROKU problem. I have 2 other questions is there a way to lock the volume and tv input buttons so that they function on the same on all devices. I downloaded the manual,but couldn't find any info in it to do this. Again thank you guys so much for your help. I've owned a lot of Universal remotes in my time including several One For All which have always been easy to set up ,but I must say this one is a beast.
jeajea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use key moves to copy volume+, volume- and mute from the
device that you use to control the volume to each of the other devices. Key
move are easier if you use RMIR.
timhk63

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: OARUSB04G Help with ROKU programming Reply with quote

I found these instructions to lock volume for the OARI06G which worked for OARUSB04G. The blue ring is replaced by the TV button flashing on the OARUSB04G

Volume Lock: Volume lock lets you set the remote’s volume controls (volume up/down and mute) to operate the same device (your TV, for example), regardless which device mode (TV, dtc/sat/cbl, DVD, audio, media and DVR/aux) is selected.

To lock volume controls to one device:

Press and hold the setup key until the blue ring flashes twice.
Press 9 9 3. The blue ring flashes twice.
Use the device select keys to highlight the device you want to lock volume to. For example, if you want the volume controls to always operate the TV, select TV.
Press the setup key to save your settings. The blue ring flashes twice.

The remote’s volume controls are now locked to the device you selected in step 3. No matter which mode you're in, the volume keys and mute will always control this device.

To turn volume lock off:

Press volume up. The blue ring flashes 4 times. The remote’s volume controls will now operate the active device (if that device has volume controls).

To remove a device from volume lock:

Use the device select keys to highlight the device you want to control the volume of your audio receiver separately, select audio.
Press volume down. The blue ring flashes 4 times. The device you removed from lock will send out its volume controls independently.

Still working on input lock
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have many of the 9XX commands listed in the Wiki linked at the top of this page. This is a generic list, so your remote doesn't support all of them. Anyway, there is no punch through for Input, at least by manual programming. Instead use a keymove:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual_Programming_-_9xx_Commands#Copy_one_key_to_another_device
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: