JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code .bin Duosat-Twist Slingbox-350
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
costa.telecom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Sorry, wrong link. Just FYI, if you search for "duosat" in the file section, you will find it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12137

I will try again to load the file exists Duosat, and report the result ok.
thanks for the effort!

OK,
download ese file already it was the first I downloaded so I started using the Slingbox in Duosat'll test again.

thank you, and report the result.
costa.telecom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject: Teste Reply with quote

I tested again the existing file Duosat does not work as is possible questioned by the extracted file via WinLIRC convert to .bin?
thank you.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LIRC file contains the same signals as the Duosat Spider bin file. There is no reason to make a bin file from the LIRC file, because it is not different to the Spider bin file.
It seems that the LIRC file was captured from a Duosat Troy, so now we know that the Duosat Spider and Duosat Troy use the same IR codes.

So, either:
1) the Twist uses different codes from the Spider and Troy
Or
2) You didn't install the bin file into your Twist correctly.

Please do the tests which are listed in the Readme file that is included with the bin file.
costa.telecom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct was extracted Troy, because twist uses the same control they are physically identical in the case of spider are different physically ok I will Tantar again.

I can do better if you wanted to test I add as a guest in my Slingbox and allow free access so I could take the test, if this is possible only inform me an email so I add as a guest.

Thank you.
costa.telecom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Test with IR Extender Reply with quote

could operate using the existing file duosat, but had to use the IR Extender Slingbox plugged in Slingbox in IR port and let the front sensor to IR Twist and worked only in this way, and in another appliance is not necessary to use the extender IR Slingbox.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Test with IR Extender Reply with quote

costa.telecom wrote:
...but had to use the IR Extender Slingbox plugged in Slingbox in IR port and let the front sensor to IR

I thought that was the only way to have Slingbox control other devices, what was the other method that you tried?

Alan, there might be a new question for your questionnaire here.
costa.telecom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Test with IR Extender Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
costa.telecom wrote:
...but had to use the IR Extender Slingbox plugged in Slingbox in IR port and let the front sensor to IR

I thought that was the only way to have Slingbox control other devices, what was the other method that you tried?

Alan, there might be a new question for your questionnaire here.

for example using the existing file another AZAMERICA receiver s1001 http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12113 did not need to use the external IR Slingbox or apontalo to the IR receiver AZAMERICA and worked perfectly in the case of Duosat Twist using the Spider file had to use the extender and apontalo for IR receiver to work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a question of what device, nor which file, it's a question of how you got the IR signals from the Slingbox to reach the device.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the Slingbox has a built in IR blaster, probably in the front panel, that can bounce signals off the wall back to the STB that it's trying to control. I seem to remember some VCRs doing this to control cable boxes. But such a method is bound to be unreliable, which is why they supply an IR blaster cable.

Alan, seeing as how it took two pages, plus lots of research, just to drill down to the fact that this user wasn't using the IR blaster cable, I think we need a new question to ask about that.
costa.telecom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: tks! Reply with quote

Yes, I understand the issue of 2x pages, as I said my knowledge is little and as premeiro test in S1001 did not need to use the external IR Slingbox, I just had the idea of using the external after much research on yotube which saw an explorer using IR extender, was in this way that worked.

I am very grateful to those who have dedicated themselves to my question!

But still I want abrender how can I use my codes extracted from WinLirc and convert them to .bin to use the Slingbox.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: tks! Reply with quote

costa.telecom wrote:
But still I want abrender how can I use my codes extracted from WinLirc and convert them to .bin to use the Slingbox.

You should be able to import the Lirc file into IRScrutinizer and have it give you the information necessary to build a JP1 upgrade, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

I instinctively knew that the signals were NEC1 just by looking at the timing data in the Lirc file, so what I did was, import the hex codes into Excel and then use the hex2bin and bin2dec functions to convert them to the device codes and OBC codes.
costa.telecom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: tks! Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
costa.telecom wrote:

You should be able to import the Lirc file into IRScrutinizer and have it give you the information necessary to build a JP1 upgrade, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

I instinctively knew that the signals were NEC1 just by looking at the timing data in the Lirc file, so what I did was, import the hex codes into Excel and then use the hex2bin and bin2dec functions to convert them to the device codes and OBC codes.

Yes, using the tip of another user, I could see the codecs using IrScrutinizer, my intention is to convert them to .bin to use the Slingbox.
A question how can I use via Excel?
thank you.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave the exact steps on how to make an upgrade from the LIRC file. And I uploaded the resulting upgrade. You can convert the upgrade to a Slingbox bin file using these instructions.

Note however, that the existing Spider bin file has the same functions as the LIRC file, plus some functions which aren't in the LIRC file.
costa.telecom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Cable JP1 Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I gave the exact steps on how to make an upgrade from the LIRC file. And I uploaded the resulting upgrade. You can convert the upgrade to a Slingbox bin file using these instructions.

Note however, that the existing Spider bin file has the same functions as the LIRC file, plus some functions which aren't in the LIRC file.

OK,
Thank you for the information ... is to have other devices from other manufacturers and I know how to convert WinLIRC to .bin to use Slingbox will be a great learning experience.

just me missing one doubts, which JP1 cable to use for the URC-7969?

thank you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I'll leave out the missteps. Opened IrSrutinizer, went to the Import tab which opens a second set of tabs; clicked LIRC. In the File/URL text box, navigated to Codes Duosat Hex.txt-- after changing the file type to *All Files*. Clicked the Load File/URL button, and this gave an error message pointing to line 74 column 10 and the character "|". Used a text editor (I use Notepad++) to change the offending character to ">>>". It helps to use an editor which displays line and column numbers.

Re-clicked Load File/URL and it successfully imported the 43 signals, giving a column of icons and button names in the left side box. Clicked Import All, and agreed to "Jump to panel". That put me on the Scrutinize Remote tab with a table of decodes. I wasn't able to get Export to work, so I highlighted the entire table, and copied it into Notepad++. One can mark columns in Notepad++ by holding Alt before clicking with the mouse, and I marked the button name column. Opened RM, started a new upgrade NEC1 247.0, and pasted in the button names. Did the same for the OBCs.

Ah, I missed that you had replied, I got as far as the pop-up error message but didn't notice that there was more detail on the main panel.
costa.telecom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Cable JP1 Reply with quote

I found what type of cable should I use in JP1 URC 7969 JP1 JP1.2 or JP1.3 in RemoteChart_C file only found on URC 7962 can help this doubt?

URC-7962 Smart Control Motion OneForAll 6 pin Y 6 Y MAXQ612 204907 US

thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: