JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Making learned codes functions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Making learned codes functions Reply with quote

I found a device using the EZ software for my Polk sound bar and loaded it to my remote. I needed to learn a few keys like Sub+ and Sub-, which I did with the remote.

I loaded that into RMIR and the learned buttons show up on buttons. I saved the device file and loaded into my RMIR setup as a new device. However, I want to map those buttons to another device and I cannot because they are not functions, just buttons.

Do I need to copy the codes from the learned tab to create a function? Is there some other way to get a learned code under functions?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the greatest features of RM. It analyzes your learns and tells you exactly what codes to use to turn learns into functions that are added to your devices, or entirely new devices.

Just enter the OBCs from the learned tab into the functions tab of the device, and you've got your new functions. The learns can then be deleted.

Here's how it works:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#How_Do_You_Create_An_Upgrade_From_Scratch
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
This is one of the greatest features of RM. It analyzes your learns and tells you exactly what codes to use to turn learns into functions that are added to your devices, or entirely new devices.

Just enter the OBCs from the learned tab into the functions tab of the device, and you've got your new functions. The learns can then be deleted.

Here's how it works:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#How_Do_You_Create_An_Upgrade_From_Scratch

Thanks. I got it working. Since the codes must already be in the device (since they are assigned to buttons), I thought maybe there was an easier way. Using the copy though, it was pretty easy. I thought I was going to have to move the codes one at a time.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can create a new device from all learns with one click, but then you'd have to copy/paste from that new device back to your existing one.

The only numbers you have to enter are the non-zero digits of the OBC, so shouldn't have to type more than 2 or 3 numbers per command. Probably quicker than copy/paste.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: