JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Activity Button Grouping - editable?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Activity Button Grouping - editable? Reply with quote

Are the Button Groups on the Activity tab editable or are those dictated static by the device?

I would like to break some of the grouping up, if possible.

I specifically want to break up the soft buttons for my Nevo c2 to make it easier to assign functions from different devices.

I've started just adding those functions to 1 device, but it seems messy and I wanted to make sure that is the only way before continuing.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not. I've made "combo" devices for a few people that do exactly what you're wanting to do. So rather than add to an existing device, leave the original device alone, make a copy, and add/delete/rearrange to your heart's content. Then use that new combo device in your activity.
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Thanks.

I noticed that when trying to assign the softkeys from another device using the layout, my alias didn't hold. When I did the same change on the buttons tab, it did hold.

It looks like you can't alias a button from the device you are working on? I just changed the function name and that seemed to do the job. I need to make things like power more specific if I do a softkey for tv power vs amp power.

I am debating what works best overall for what I am trying to do. I could combine multiple devices into 1, use an existing device to hold all the softkeys or I was thinking to create a separate device called Softkeys Living room to hold those.

I kind of prefer the later, but could run into the 15 device limit later. I have 8 now + 3 softkeys devices (1 for each room) puts me at 11. I'd still have 4 I guess for future use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: