JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lost on starting my setup - multiple rooms
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There aren't any devices in the RM software, all of our device upgrades are here in the file section, so you have to download them if you want them. With that in mind, if you did download upgrades for devices that we don't have, you should save them a RMDU files and upload them.

Using ez-rc again might mess up your remote, I don't know for sure but Dave will know, but as long as you've saved your RMIR file before you go back you can always restore it. And regarding the new device that you've added, you can save that as an RMDU file before you restore and then add it back after you restore.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Buttons tab when you edit the TV device, pick a different device under "Functions for device" on the right. That gives you access to any function for any device. This is also where you do macro assignments.

Usually you can go back and forth between them with no ill effects, but sometimes not. Always keep a backup.

If you're using the latest RMIR, the Nevo C2 RDF has 18 devices, same as EZ. Earlier version only has 15, if that's what you mean. If you mean the whole of devices available, I suppose EZ has a few thousand more than hifi-remote.

You mentioned zone 2. I find it useful to make zone 2 a separate device.
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
On the Buttons tab when you edit the TV device, pick a different device under "Functions for device" on the right. That gives you access to any function for any device. This is also where you do macro assignments.

Usually you can go back and forth between them with no ill effects, but sometimes not. Always keep a backup.

If you're using the latest RMIR, the Nevo C2 RDF has 18 devices, same as EZ. Earlier version only has 15, if that's what you mean. If you mean the whole of devices available, I suppose EZ has a few thousand more than hifi-remote.

You mentioned zone 2. I find it useful to make zone 2 a separate device.

Thanks....I kind of figured out the cross device mapping playing around.

So, I just pick a device and use that as kind of the master? It seems like you only need to do that if you want to share devices among a button group. For example, if I want soft buttons to do 3 functions from 3 devices, I pick a device like TV. Then I change the softkeys under that device to point to functions from other devices? I tried it and it worked, I just am not sure if this is the best way to accomplish what I want.

In doing this, it seems like picking the device that would require the least amount of changes makes sense.

If I wanted a different device to control vol+, vol- and mute under an activity, I don't need to do this- I just select the device on the activity tab under button groups it seems.

Is there any way to change the button groups under activities?
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaeljc70 wrote:
That is the main purpose of "Activities". The table at the bottom of each activity page is a table of Button Group to Device mapping for that activity.
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
michaeljc70 wrote:
That is the main purpose of "Activities". The table at the bottom of each activity page is a table of Button Group to Device mapping for that activity.

On my remote all 24 soft buttons are in the same button group. Therefore, I cannot assign them to different devices unless I change the device itself to include another devices function.

In other words, it would be easier to change the button groups and make them smaller if that were possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: