JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo c2 learning mode is frustrating, any workaround?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
announcerzambia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Nevo c2 learning mode is frustrating, any workaround? Reply with quote

So I'm trying to learn two new remotes manually since did not find any good versions on ez page.

Each time the remote will miss one or two codes, and not the same ones. Is it possible in remote master to cut and paste working codes?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have some bad learns, you only have to re-learn the bad ones.
No need to cut and paste.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
announcerzambia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm, i did not find the option to relearn just the bad ones only start with new device.

After 10-15 tries I was about to throw the thing out the window.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some types of signals are nearly impossible for any remote to learn. Why don't you tell us the make/model of the device in question, and perhaps we can offer an alternative to learning.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that you don't really know what JP1 is all about and what it lets you do.

First off, have you checked our file section to see if we have upgrades for the 2 devices in question? Chances are that we do, then you won't need learning.

If you do learn the buttons, you can then download the memory using RMIR, this will tell you what codes each button uses, and you can then use this info to build an upgrade for the device. Then, if there are a few buttons that didn't learn properly, you can re-learn them and get the codes for them.

As for learning technique, once you have the Nevo in learn mode, you should wait a second before pressing the teaching remote button, to make sure that you don't miss the start of the signal.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learning from one remote to another can be very frustrating.

First thing, like rob said, take your time before pressing the button on the teaching remote. The first part of the signal is usually the most important.

Second, do your learning in a dimly lit environment. Avoid strong fluorescent lighting and natural daylight. I live in a sun-drenched southern Florida and I can't do my learning until the sun goes down. I never had this problem in the north.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
announcerzambia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now i feel stupid..I did find the "learn a function" on the remote and can relearn a missing button on a device.

Think that i used 1 hour relearning the entire remote each time.

I use remote master for just basic stuff, backup, ordering and setup activities. I got 3 nevo 2 since you never know when they vanish from market or price goes up.

The new devices are intel nuc baby, pioneer vsx-1131 and tcl 4k tv. The ez page had them but just the basic setup.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have added the devices using ez-rc, that means that you have basic device upgrades in your remote already. You should be able to see what these upgrades look like using the RMIR program. That view will show you all the IR specific information, like the protocol, device code, etc.

If you have also learned the missing buttons, RMIR will show you the same info for each learned button. Assuming the main info (ie, protocol, device code) matches, you should focus on the OBC code for each function that you have learned, then you can add those functions to the upgrades in RMIR.

Maybe if you post your RMIR file, we could get a better view of what we're looking at.

We have many files for Pioneer VSX a/v receivers, so if you check one of the master list files, you may find some additional functions, even ones that are not on your original remote.

We would like to capture the upgrades for your TCL tv and the Intel device.
announcerzambia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, how do I download just the devices and not the entire remote?

The intel nuc is the same as ms rc6 remote media center remote.

Not any of the xbox variants since power on is an issue with those.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't. Just download the entire remote. We won't judge.

Our existing MCE upgrades are very complete, especially the one I did for Ceton Echo. It probably has more than what you learned. Same goes for our Pioneer upgrades as Rob said.

The TCL would be of interest to us since we don't have many of those. We can also help you streamline and get rid of those learns.

Upload RMIR file here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=35
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, we want the RMIR file, which as you say is the entire remote! Smile

At the very least we'd like to see the 3 upgrades that you added via ez-rc. If there are missing functions that you would like added, it would be good if there are learned buttons included for those.
mike.s

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
The TCL would be of interest to us since we don't have many of those.
I think all the TCL 4Ks are Roku TVs. This should apply: RMDU (I might have categorized it wrong)
announcerzambia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I uploaded it here

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14482

No, my tcl is not roku. I think they call it smart tv 2. Not that I have ever used the smart tv functions on any tv.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Your TCL learns pretty much match UEI setup code 14471 which uses RCA-56. I'm in the process of building an upgrade that includes all your learns, but I need a few relearns and clarifications.

Please relearn Skip Fwd, Fast Fwd, Text and Menu.

Please confirm that the follow commands are equal. If so, which is the correct name according to the remote button label?

List = LANG
Enter = OPTION

If there are any other buttons missing from your file, please learn them.

All your Pioneer learns are unreadable. But we can build a much more complete upgrade for that anyway using the codes from this spreadsheet from Pioneer:

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Home%20Custom%20Install/2015%20Pioneer%20&%20Elite%20AVR%20IR%20with%20Hex_1.xls

Last edited by mdavej on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
announcerzambia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried learning those. For some reason the program says missing with enter and exit.

List = LANG
Enter = OPTION -correct

Are you looking at the right pioneer, VSX-1131. As far as i can tell they work.

"pioneer rec" is my old pioneer 919 receiver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: