JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight/Nevo firmware and config reliant on ez-rc.com?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Impeeza

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: firmware backup Reply with quote

Hi does any body get any idea of backup the original firmware. I have lots o problems making two units works and without the help of ez-rc.com couldn't be done. what will be of us when site go off? regards.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: firmware backup Reply with quote

Impeeza wrote:
Hi does any body get any idea of backup the original firmware. I have lots o problems making two units works and without the help of ez-rc.com couldn't be done. what will be of us when site go off? regards.

The site is still online at the moment, so you should be able to get the new firmware now. If, in the future, it goes offline, we will set something up to replace it.
Impeeza

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hi Robman, thanks a lot for your quick response. will be waiting. by the way is was looking for the entire site but i didn't find any description of the connector in the battery compartment ¿this is a JP1 port? regards.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Xsight/Nevo remotes come with their own USB cable, or you can use any standard USB cable if you lose the one that comes with it. You don't need a regular JP1 cable because our JP1 programs work with the USB cable.
Impeeza

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: cable, Reply with quote

Hi, thanks robman, is clear the included USB port is very useful, but i am wondering what is the use of the 8 test point in the battery compartment. a port for others uses? thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see what you mean, I just looked, I hadn't noticed it before. I don't know what, if anything, can be done with that connector. I know that I haven't investigated it, but I don't know if anyone else has. My guess is that, as we can do everything we need through the USB port, chances are that nobody's looked into it.
Impeeza

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: hidden port Reply with quote

ha ha ha, "the hidden port" I hope somebody will bring a light on the purpose of this port. regards from Colombia.

P.S. by the way, any have a tutorial on opening the Nevo C2 remote?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: hidden port Reply with quote

Impeeza wrote:
P.S. by the way, any have a tutorial on opening the Nevo C2 remote?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I put anything about opening. My advice is don't. It's very difficult to avoid breaking something. If you must open it, I'll try to find my notes.

Last edited by mdavej on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I misread the request as "using" not "opening".
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found my notes about opening the Xsight:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=124304#124304

I have a few that are still in pieces which I'll use for parts as my others wear out. If you're curious about anything in particular just ask. I can describe or post pics.

The connector inside is presumably some sort of JTAG. We may have tried it early on, but there's really no point since the USB is so much simpler. Once you figured out how it worked, you'd need to build some sort of cable using pogo pins like we used to do with a few older JP1 remotes that only had pads.
Impeeza

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks a lot for your help!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
... if ez-rc were to disappear and un-upgraded remotes were still being sold, we have the capability to create an upgrade facility.
Looks like that time has come.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16173
MattDinOC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please oh please? Smile

I just joined the Nevo C2 club, and got a big chunk of my configuration done for the remote from scratch using RM and the device upgrades that folks here have contributed.

I need to pause here and offer a billion "Thank You"s to the admins and contributors to this community! I am very happy to have found a worthy successor to my trusty ol' MX-500.

I've gotten to the point where I define activities, load them to the C2, and then see "Assist" taking up a third of the screen when I run an activity. :/ The Getting started wiki page says that I need to update my firmware to get rid of this annoyance. Which brings me here.

In a world of Macs and locked-down work PCs, I found one Windows PC at my disposal that would run IE and allow me to install software in order to try the firmware updater. So I downloaded and installed conduit.exe and made the registry edit to keep the C2 from losing its connection to the PC. Created an account (actually two) on ez-rc.com. But the site is so broken / unmaintained that my success rate in logging in is about 1 in 10. (The other 9 times, it prompts me again to log in.) So one time out of ten, I can get to the page that prompts me to connect my remote. OK, I plug it in and hit the "Connect" button. About 4 of 5 times, I get booted back out to the login screen. The 1 time out of 5, it doesn't boot me, and simply reloads the "Connect" page. So 1 for 50 at this point. If I wait about 5 minutes instead of immediately clicking Connect, I can get to the page that tells me that I need to upgrade my firmware to continue. Such joy the first time I saw that page! When I click "Upgrade", I then get kicked out, back to the login screen. Sad I went through this process 3 times before giving up on it. So I estimate 150 login attempts.

I'm hoping to be able to buy more C2s for other rooms and to keep as spares. But I would really love to be able to upgrade the firmware on them as part of the setup process!

My C2 currently says this:

Firmware: 1.3.7
Bootloader: 1.0.4
IR blaster: 3201AX7
IR Library: 1.2.11

Any hope for another method to update the firmware on this guy?

Thanks!
Matt
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattDinOC wrote:
My C2 currently says this:

Firmware: 1.3.7
Bootloader: 1.0.4
IR blaster: 3201AX7
IR Library: 1.2.11

Any hope for another method to update the firmware on this guy?

Interesting! I did a firmware update on my One-for-All XSight Touch when I first got it a few years ago, and as OfA already considered it obsolete, I presumed that there had been no further updates. However, mine is:

Firmware: 1.3.32
Bootloader: 1.0.1
IR blaster: 3121BX6
IR Library: 1.1.1

So it looks, apart possibly from Firmware (do you really mean 1.3.7 or is there a typo, possibly for 1.3.37?), as if yours is more recent than mine. Perhaps Nevo did their own update?

As to the question of whether there is hope for another update method, yes there is. Though it is not currently in RMIR, we do know how to copy individual parts, such as the IR Library, from one Nevo or similar to another. So if someone owns up to having a Nevo with more recent files than yours, then we should be able to set up an update procedure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: