JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oddity with Nevo upgrades and RMIR (RemoteMaster v2.03 build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickety

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Oddity with Nevo upgrades and RMIR (RemoteMaster v2.03 build Reply with quote

While updating some functionality on my Nevo C2, I encountered an oddity in how the remote reacted to a change in one of my device upgrades.

Background
I added some additional codes from my Amp to my BluRay device in order to be able to change Amp settings while watching BluRay devices. Initially everything had worked OK.

I had set my BluRay activity to use the Softkeys from the BluRay device and now I needed to add some more Amp functions.

Oddity
After I had added the extra Amp functions to the softkeys in the upgrade for the BluRay, neither the old nor the new functions showed up when I used my BluRay Activity. However, they showed up when I selected the BluRay through Devices.

I tried a couple of times. I have also noticed that after "saving" the device upgrade, only the device's native functions are saved - my Amp functions on the softkeys were not present in the BluRay upgrade file - which I suspect is because it is not really part of the device specific upgrade that would be portable to another remote.

I decided to delete the BluRay device and reload it then adding back in all the Amp softkeys that I wanted.

After that is has been OK.

Comment
I report it here in case anyone else has similar problems it may help them realise they are not alone, in addition, it may identify an issue for the developers of RMIR, though it could just as easily be an issue with the Nevo itself.

I greatly appreciate the efforts of the developers. The Nevo works for us (SWMBO and I) and we have 3 of them in different rooms of the house set up for the various TV, Satellite, DVD/BluRay etc. All work "the same" despite the various configurations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: