JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Learn -> Upgrade issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danorum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Learn -> Upgrade issues Reply with quote

I am trying to convert a Learn to an additional command on my Onkyo Device.

I learned the Game input and it shows up like this:
Size 24
Freq 38277
Protocol NEC1
Device 210
Sub Device 109
OBC 13
Hex Cmd 4F

None of these match the Onkyo I added via the web setup (to create my base config). It has a protocol type of manual 02 47 (instead of NEC1).

When I try to add OBC 13 and 79(4F) as the 2nd Byte, it doesn't work. I am thinking that is because while both remotes work, the learned code won't work with the device upgrade's current protocol settings.

Even if I get a better working Onkyo upgrade, I would still like to understand this for future learn->ugprade work.

Thanks,
Dan
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That matches exactly the Game input code in the upgrade I posted in your other thread. See that upgrade as an example. No need to enter both OBC and Hex, only one or the other.

Learn -> Upgrade function isn't smart enough to work on complex devices like the Onkyo, so it's not a good example. But it will work swimmingly on your Monoprice switch.
danorum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should not have put in Learn -> Upgrade. I didn't mean the function, but my manual work of creating an upgrade from a learn.

I was on the right track and did have an older version of that spreadsheet.

However, if I decode one of the commands that exist in my remote (like CBL/SAT), I get a different obc than what I already had in my device.

The decoded pronto gets me obc=14 for Cable/Sat, but my device has obc=143. That is why I thought it might be because my device in my remote is not using NEC1, device 210, subdevice 109. It is using manual protocol settings 02 47 with a list of protocol parameters.

Thanks again for all your pointers. This is really helping me a lot (and hopefully helping others that end up here).

Dan
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, decoding is not going to match for a manual protocol, and the codes will be very different and unrelated. So don't use that device at all but the one I linked. I can't guess why it used a manual protocol without looking at your file.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danorum,
As a service to the community, please upload a RMIR file which contains the 0247 protocol executor, so we can add this executor to protocols.ini. With that done, users will be able to see understandable IR protocol information for that executor.
BTW, I'm a little surprised that it didn't use 0246. That is NEC1 and allows 6 different subdevices. It's what UEI has used recently for Onkyo.
danorum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily, I saved my Living Room rmir file before changing out the Onkyo. This was created on the EZ-RC site by putting in my Onkyo model number. TX-NR636.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13858
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that there's a new protocol for Xbox One as well, instead of NEC1 like our current upgrades. May as well add that one too.

Thanks danorum and 3FG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: