JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR and IRScope feature request - rounding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: RMIR and IRScope feature request - rounding Reply with quote

Hi Graham,
One of the best features that was added to IR.exe, at my request, was the ability to round learned times, and break up bi-phase times properly. This saves so much time when we're analyzing a new protocol, so much so that it's a real drag when the only learns provided are in an ICT file. At least with an RMIR file, I can save it as an IR file and use it that way.

So, how about it?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is already there. It is another of the features that Vyrolan implemented in the time he was active. But you need to turn it on. Go to Options > Advanced and check Learned Signal Timing Analysis. You will then find the rounding option available when you edit a learn and open the Advanced Details box.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I found the feature in RMIR, but I couldn't find anything similar in IRScope, I have IRScope version 2.01a.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Thanks, I found the feature in RMIR, but I couldn't find anything similar in IRScope, I have IRScope version 2.01a.

I no longer have the means to compile IRScope. It is written in MS Visual C++ with MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes). Because of its use of MFC, it cannot be compiled with the free MS Visual Studio Express, it needs the purchased full MS Visual Studio. I used MS Visual Studio Professional 2008 when I worked previously on IRScope, but that was under Windows Vista. When my Vista machine collapsed and I moved to Windows 8.1 on a new machine, I lost that capability as VS Pro 2008 will not run under Windows 8.1. I no longer have any other use for a purchased version of VS, so as far as I am concerned, development of IRScope has ended. The source is available in the forum should anyone else want to take it on.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about taking a different approach. would it be possible to add something to RMIR which would let me open or import an ict file using RMIR? All I want to do is get to the learned timings and round them so I can convert them to binary.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can currently read an ict file into IRScope and export it as a file of UEI learned signals. I had thought there was a way to import learned signals into RMIR, but on checking this, I can't find one. You can open the file of learned signals and copy them one by one into IR.exe, but that is rather tedious. I will see if I can implement a better way using RMIR.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know about the UEI learns file, but the process to import them into RMIR is very tedious and too much work for just helping someone out by looking at their learns. I typically just end up dumping the raw learns from the summary page into a spreadsheet and writing code to round them, but I would like it if there was an easier way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: