JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCU810B on sale at MCM Electronics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: RCU810B on sale at MCM Electronics Reply with quote

The RCA RCU810B 8 device LCD remote is currently on sale for $9.95 at MCM Electronics.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find Ellen, here's a direct link to the RCU810
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not personally interested in an RCU810, so I didn't dig in that site for the answer to this question:

What do they charge for shipping?

Most online sites that offer a small item like a remote at significantly below the typical price make up for it by overcharging on shipping.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That info isn't available on their web site, so I called them up to find out. First off, they have a $25 minimum order policy, so if your order is less than $25 they will add a $5 "small order" fee to the total.

As for the S/H, it's based on the weight of the package and probably where it's going. I askem them how much to ship one remote to Illinois and they said it would be about $7.50. So for me to order one remote, my total would be $22.50

Is there any interest in JP1-ready versions of the RCU810? If so, I could order a bunch of them and solder in the 6-pins ready to resell them. My price would be $25 each, plus $4 shipping.
Ellen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have thought about shipping. I'm so used to just parking stuff in my cart at the MCM web site and not ordering until I get $75-$100 worth of stuff, that I didn't even think that not everyone would be familiar with their policies.

Good of you to offer that service Rob, though I'm not sure how many folks are interested in the remote. Doesn't seem to have the following that the newer remotes have.
Bonzo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Back on Sale Reply with quote

The RCA RCU-810 is back on sale at MCM for $9.95, I believe through 08/17/04. Shipping is free on orders over $50.
SRGilbert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Back on Sale Reply with quote

Bonzo wrote:
The RCA RCU-810 is back on sale at MCM for $9.95, I believe through 08/17/04. Shipping is free on orders over $50.
Not only that, but there is no minimum online. I got 2 of them (one for the bedroom, and another for backup for my main remote) for $28 shipped!

I know they aren't the most popular remote out there, but I've been using mine for nearly 4 years, and I love them. Plus, thanks to the team at the JP1 forum, I'm able to program my bedroom remote to mirror the functions of my old reliable living room remote. Very Happy
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick reminder that the RCU810 comes without the JP1 connector, and is harder to add a JP1 connector to than the URC-7800 (the other common model that is missing just the connector).

The RCU-810 is also much more limited without JP1 than other JP1 remotes would be (without JP1).

Many people have added the connector without difficulty, so this is a warning only to people (like me) who aren't good at such tasks.
SRGilbert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
Just a quick reminder that the RCU810 comes without the JP1 connector, and is harder to add a JP1 connector to than the URC-7800 (the other common model that is missing just the connector).

The RCU-810 is also much more limited without JP1 than other JP1 remotes would be (without JP1).

Many people have added the connector without difficulty, so this is a warning only to people (like me) who aren't good at such tasks.
I didn't even bother adding the pin connector on my 810's. I found that the pogo adapter and a rubber band work very well thanks to the way the pads are on the 810. Smile
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a flyer today and MCM has dropped the price to $8.95 (# 58-8890)
The source code is XE0804 for ordering. The web site still shows $9.95 with about 3400 available so they may or not want to honor the new price without some persuasion.
SRGilbert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and just in case anyone was wondering, these are brand new, in the box remotes. I was half expecting a refurb with no box, but nope! Only problem is that it showed me how much the backlight had faded on my old one, the new one is super bright. Very Happy
Ellen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just got a flyer today and MCM has dropped the price to $8.95 (# 58-8890)
The source code is XE0804 for ordering. The web site still shows $9.95 with about 3400 available so they may or not want to honor the new price without some persuasion.

I show source code VE0804 and the discount price does show up when you add the remote to your cart and then enter the source code.
maniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I'm newbe here.
Yes, the code is worked.
http://www.tjtech.org/cpfgallery/Tsao/810_G.sized.jpg

But MCM won't show the actual shipping fee so I did not place order.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered from MCM several times. They charge essentially the actual shipping costs. I have never felt ripped off because of the shipping charge. I do understand that the fact they don't show it is irratating. You can place your order using their toll free number and the operator can tell you the shipping charges in advance (I think).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I called and checked the shipping was about $7.50 for one remote to Illinois.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: