JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Roksan Kandy K2 integrated amplifier
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JezW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Roksan Kandy K2 integrated amplifier Reply with quote

My amp is a Roksan Kandy K2 integrated amplifier
http://www.roksan.co.uk/kandy-k2-integrated-amplifier.html

Codes seem to be non existent online. I've even spoken to Roksan and they said that a company in Taiwan supplies the remotes and communicating software for the amplifiers and they do not give the codes to Roksan.

It's one of the main reasons I'd like a JP1 remote with state tracking - I won't be able to find discrete codes for the amp.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your Roksan amp, after you learn the signals, we'll help you to find out which IR protocol is in use, and it will probably turn out that there are only 256 possible signals for that particular protocol. Then you can construct an upgrade for that protocol and device numbers, and try out all the possibilities.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding your amp, you will need to learn the buttons and then post the results for us, and we'll help you build an upgrade, or build one for you, so you will be set there. And just because it's a rare brand doesn't mean that there won't be discrete codes, it just means that they're not known. You can go fishing for them yourself, once we know the signal structure.

I just looked up Roksan using the Lookup Tool and found a couple of CD codes, the good news is that they both use the NEC1 protocol (device code 134.97), which is good because NEC1 is really easy to capture and re-create.
JezW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking that up Robman, once I get going I'd be happy to upload a device file using my Roksan control.
JezW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe it! I'm very impressed with simpleset so far.

I've got my TV and Sky box setup and copied across a couple buttons which were missing.

Then I thought I'll just have a look on simpleset's website...

Clicked "add device", "extra", "amp"

And Roksan was there!

It really hasn't added many buttons because my amp hardly needs any but it works!

The buttons which are programmed now are:

power, volume, source change and mute

Very Happy

Now's the time for JP1 Rolling Eyes
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!
After you download using RMIR, let us know which setup code (3731 or 3732) that works with your Roksan. Better yet, save the upgrade and post it to the Audio file section.
JezW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I'm having some fun playing around with RMIR now Smile

Should I upload the original file (with TV, Skybox and Amp)?

Should I just upload the bin file or should I save it as an ir or rmir file?
JezW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3731!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't forget that we'd like to see the upgrade for your Roksan Kandy K2 amplifier. Did you test the one that was automatically installed? If it works, go to the Devices tab and find the entry for the upgrade that was added, then double click on the first cell of the entry, that should bring up a new screen which shows the details of the upgrade. There are 3 buttons in the lower left corner, click the Save As button and save the file, then post it here in the file section, audio folder, and then post a link to it.

While you're in this new screen, click on the Functions tab and see if all the functions from your Roksan remote are included. If any are missing, make a list of them. When we look at this, what we're going to be looking for are any gaps in the OBC sequence, because those will have the best potential for being either the missing buttons or discrete codes.
JezW

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to my amp file, I think I did it correctly. The one that I downloaded off the simpleset site worked fine, however the number buttons on the URC remote also change the source for some reason. But that's not an issue.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13720
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JezW wrote:
Here's the link to my amp file, I think I did it correctly. The one that I downloaded off the simpleset site worked fine, however the number buttons on the URC remote also change the source for some reason. But that's not an issue.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13720

Looking at the user manual it appears that the Roksan has 8 buttons, as follows:
1 TAPE
2 POWER
3 MODE
4 MUTE
5 VOLUME+
6 VOLUME-
7 INPUT+
8 INPUT-

The number buttons in that upgrade are all programmed with the same 2 codes, so I assume they are INPUT+ and INPUT-. If that is correct, can you tell me whether the "0" button is INPUT+ or INPUT-.

So, it would appear that TAPE and MODE are missing, is that correct? If so, could you learn those from the Roksan remote to get the codes please.
JezW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

So, it would appear that TAPE and MODE are missing, is that correct? If so, could you learn those from the Roksan remote to get the codes please.

Sorry about that! You're right, those two functions were missing. I did realise the first instance when I downloaded the device from simpleset.com but didn't consider learning those functions across because I never use them.

The function mode essentially results in a 3/4 mute of the amp (as the manual says, decreases volume by 20db) but is not a full mute.

The tape button allows recording from the selected input to the "tape" output.

I came back last night from the pub after a few drinks and thought I would have a play, when I saw your request to upload the device. I completely forgot about learning those buttons across Rolling Eyes Sorry about that.

I've learnt them onto the 6440 now but they don't show up in the device tab on RMIR, just the learned tab. How do I copy them across to the device on RMIR so that I can save the file and upload it?

Do I go device -->double click on amp 3731-->Functions-->And manually type in the codes?

Also, in the devices tab, why does it show 4 amp devices? Are these other codes that the control downloaded from simpleset.com and would have tried until it got the correct one? (3731 I believe)

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, as the other thread is getting very busy, I have split the discussion on the Roksan amp into this separate thread.
JezW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBC's for missing keys:

Tape = 14
Mode = 7
Ch+ = 72
Ch- = 28

Why in the devices tab does the amp show up with 4 setup codes?

To install the device I had to download a settings.bin file from simpleset.com, enter the remote setup, press "Extra" (amp device), then point the control at my amp and hold down power until it turned off, and it took a few seconds. So are the three other codes ones that were unsuccessful?

The general tab in RMIR shows 3731 as being the code which is stored, and it does work.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the OBCs, I have updated your original RM file.

As for the additional device upgrades that got added, my assumption is the same as yours, that they are other codes used by Roksan. If you load a copy of your RMIR file to the Diagnosis Area and post a link to it, I can take a look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: