JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 remote - possibility to handle double click problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremy5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: JP1 remote - possibility to handle double click problem Reply with quote

Hello ! I'm a newbie in JP1 and I'd like to know if this is a cure for my problem before I get through all manuals and software.

I copied functions from sat tuner remote Vu+ Solo2 to amplifier Yamaha RX-V773 (learning every button). When I control sat by Yamaha remote the Up/Down keys working like double clicks. Ex. in the channel list when I click Down button, the first step is ok - cursor goes down by 1 position, but with next click it goes 2 positions down, and next is the same - 2 position down... etc.

So I bought universal remote One For All 7960, and after learning it from sat tuner I saw the same effect! After click down button cursor goes 2 positions down! Functions from tv remote works fine. So I tried to figure out what's for the 6-pin socket and I found your forum.

So, should I sell URC 7960 and try with Logitech Harmony ?
Or maybe there is a possibility to fix this problem by buying cable and use JP1 soft ?

Thanks in advance.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can relearn those arrows as a short tap of the original keys to get rid of the repeating. Typically we recommend learning a long press of a key so we can see the repeat style. But if you just tap the OEM remote key while the jp1 remote is waiting for the signal there is no repeat to be captured.
jeremy5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for quick response. I already tried to do it also in the way you described (with quick press), but without any success (also after there was a problem with signal - sometimes position was change by 1 or 2, but sometimes was no reaction). The same effect is also in Yamaha remote, not only URC 7960.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use learns. Can you find a setup code for the 7960 for your sat tuner in the code list that comes with the remote? If not, then with RMIR you can find out what signals those learns actually are and can construct a device upgrade (i.e. a new setup code) for the sat tuner. That should solve your problem, and if it doesn't then once you have such an upgrade, the experts in this forum will be able to tweak it to prevent the doubling effect.
jeremy5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer.

Quote:
Can you find a setup code for the 7960 for your sat tuner in the code list that comes with the remote?

There is no code on the list attached to remote. Also, I looked for code in the web and try to use some, but without success.

Quote:
If not, then with RMIR you can find out what signals those learns actually are and can construct a device upgrade (i.e. a new setup code) for the sat tuner.

For now, I totaly don't know how to do it, I'll try to make some research.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremy5 wrote:
For now, I totaly don't know how to do it, I'll try to make some research.

Step 1: get a suitable cable. Read the first four posts in this thread for advice.

Step 2: install RMIR.

Step 3: download your remote to RMIR and look at the Learned Signals tab.

At that point I would suggest posting again in this forum to tell us what the Learned Signals tab says. We can then guide you in creating a device upgrade, or maybe identify one already known that will work.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy, Do you have a cable? For some reason, I thought you were just working with the remote.

If you have a cable, post your RMIR file with the learns, and we can get you to do whatever this needs.

Getting learns to work, without a cable was always a challenge for me. I can only get this to work when someone else is operating the other remote. If your short captured signals don't work, you are probably missing the very first part of the signal. The learning remote blinks a long time waiting for the signal, so you should have plenty of time to line them up and before you tap the OEM button.

Like Graham says, you'll do much better without using learns at all. But you can only do that if there is a way to transfer to the remote via a cable or on a select few remotes, transferring via a WAV file.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Audio/0376 with your Yamaha amp? Some quick research around the web suggests that that is the right code.

We do need to know if you are a JP1 user or not as that determines the best advice that we can give you.

Assuming that you are not a JP1 user, the only way to fix this is to modify your learning technique for the buttons that send the signal twice. I had this exact same problem with a Panasonic VCR many years back and that is how I originally fixed it.

Normally when you learn a signal, you should hold the source button down until the learning is complete, but in this case you will want to use a short tap of the source button. Don't expect it to work right the first time, every time, it will take some trial and error to get it just right.

If you are a JP1 user, we have more advanced techniques to fix this.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vu+ Solo2 uses the MCE IR protocol device 16, OEM 82. The 7960 does not have a built in setup code to shoot this. The UEI setup code is 3458; the remotes we know about that have this built in are the Inteset 422, the OFA URC- 7120/7130/7140, and the URC 11-2981. Of course, the Simpleset and Xsight class remotes can be upgraded to have this setup code from the web via USB, and RMIR can upgrade the URC-7960 via a cable to the 6 pin connector.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, it's the Vu+ that you want to control, not the Yamaha.
jeremy5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, thanks for all your posts! I'm impressed. I see that I am in the right place. I haven't got a cable for now, but I'll buy the right one and I will get back to you after upgrade mention by 3FG and mathdon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: