JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Welcome to the new server
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks good so far. Thank you so much for taking care of us. It is such a great place to play!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems OK to me now. I may not be real active lately but I always check in a few times a day. Very Happy
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get to my profile now, and haven't gotten any of those errors thus far. Look good from my end.

As Vicky said, thanks Rob!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Love the new server. Very snappy now.

I just noticed the new slingbox icons in the file section. Nice touch. Glad to see you posting regularly again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Dave
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too like the new server. Here's a suggestion: For the last 5 topics, is it possible to arrange things so that when one clicks on a topic, it goes to the last page rather than the first page? Obviously this is not a big deal, but in multiple page threads, it would save me one whole click!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I too like the new server. Here's a suggestion: For the last 5 topics, is it possible to arrange things so that when one clicks on a topic, it goes to the last page rather than the first page? Obviously this is not a big deal, but in multiple page threads, it would save me one whole click!

I have been thinking the same thing. I didn't write the mod, so I would have to dig into how it works, but that was one of the reasons I added the 7 days link because that does list the threads in the manner that you are used to.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always get to this site via a shortcut like this:
Quote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/search.php?search_id=newposts
It then shows only those threads that have changed since my last time here. Just to the left of each thread title there is an arrow that when clicked will go directly to the first post that I haven't read (usually near the bottom of the last page). It is extremely handy and does what you want without modifications.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
I always get to this site via a shortcut like this:

Yeah, most of the regulars have that bookmarked, and for those that don't, the link itself is on the front page labeled as "view posts since last visit".

But for folks just visiting the forum randomly, the "last 5" think is useful, at least it has been over at Planet Replay where I copied it from. Both the last 5 and the 7 days links are useful if you have visited the forum already and therefore cleared the cache "so to speak" and you want to find that thread from a few days ago that you have an update for.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previously, when I logged in, the unread threads, and the forums containing unread threads, had the an icon in orange. After I had read a threads, its icons turned to its default white again (after refreshing the page). I found this quite practical.

Now it does not work "reliably", in the sense that the icons do not go white any more after I have read the threads. Or, they do so only "sometimes" -- I have not been able to find a pattern.

Linux & Firefox.

Not a big issue, just wanted to report.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
Previously, when I logged in, the unread threads, and the forums containing unread threads, had the an icon in orange. After I had read a threads, its icons turned to its default white again (after refreshing the page). I found this quite practical.

Now it does not work "reliably", in the sense that the icons do not go white any more after I have read the threads. Or, they do so only "sometimes" -- I have not been able to find a pattern....

Somehow it works again, since yesterday.

Thanx for anyone who fixed it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ran across a couple of issues in the File Section. Statistics button goes to a blank page, and Top List raises several errors.

Feature request: ability to get date ordered file listing. I was hoping Top List might do something like this. Or maybe you could do a 7 Days query like you do in the forum area. My goal is to easily locate most recent diagnosis files posted.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you believe, I don't think I've ever clicked either of those buttons before. From the previous problems that I've had after the moving to the new server, with the newer version of php, I know exactly what the problem is, it's just a case of tracking down the offending lines of code.

The View All button still works, which shows all of the files in the file section, and at the bottom of the page you can select Date / Descending, which will give you a list of the most recently added files (but the stickies still float to the top).

To get the most recent Diagnosis Area files, click on the Diagnosis Area folder then change the sort at the bottom, just like above, to Date / Descending. I will see if I can make a URL that does the same.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a URL that you can bookmark that will give you the most recent Diagnosis Area files:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=35&sort_method=file_time&sort_order=DESC&start=0
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect! Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Web Site Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: