JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shuttletec Satella 2: need help modifying protocol
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: Shuttletec Satella 2: need help modifying protocol Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13636

I created the device upgrade for shuttletec satella 2.
It is working with the exception that long pressing the power button is supposed to put the device in off mode, but it only puts the device in standby mode. A standby mode is done by pressing power button once.

Can someone please help?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will wait for Alan to tell us if slingbox has a way to hold the keys. I don't think so.

To do what you want, on a slingbox, we would need to create a special protocol that allows you to specify the number of repeats for each key.

Do you want to learn how, or do you want this done for you?
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
We will wait for Alan to tell us if slingbox has a way to hold the keys. I don't think so.

To do what you want, on a slingbox, we would need to create a special protocol that allows you to specify the number of repeats for each key.

Do you want to learn how, or do you want this done for you?

Please show me. Many thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Slingbox gives you any control over holding a button down. So what I think we need to do is decide which button is going to be POWER and which one is going to be STANDBY (if you need both functions), then in the protocol code, we will test for the POWER button and when it's detected, we set the minimum number of repeats to whatever is needed.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of the buttons are used now in the file I created. How about setting the power button to power off and star to standby?
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to map the standby to custom 17 button.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry but the first version of the file, I attempted to modify the protocol to make the repeat and hold function and it won't control anything. I have re-uploaded the file. This one is a working one.

Thanks.

I don't know if it makes any difference because you probably will start from scratch.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm, the Slingbox system does not support a long-press so the protocol tweak is the only solution (And I don't know how to do that Very Happy )
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tools
- RemoteMaster (required for building a bin also has Protocol Builder capabilities)
- Alan Richey's modified no repeats protocols.ini modifications

- Ir Widget (optional - device to capture signals is really handy if you don't actually have the equipment your are trying to control)
- IrScope (optional – JP1 software to see a visual representation of the signal. Works directly with the Ir Widget, but also lets you see signals pasted from Pronto Hex or UEI learn)

Old Tools:
My experience with building protocols in RemoteMaster has been very frustrating. RemoteMaster doesn't tolerate trial and error as well as the old tools. If you have a version of Microsoft Excel that supports macros I would recommend using the old tools. . The old tools don't support slingbox directly and you would eventually have to transfer your work to RemoteMaster anyway

-JP1 or JP1.3 Remote with a Samsung processor and its cable. (This uses the same assembly language as the Slingbox, the old Comcast JP1.3 remotes are really rugged and inexpensive)
-Protocol Builder (optional – Excel based spreadsheet that can be used build a protocol.)
-IR (JP1 software that transfers data to the remote)

Modifying the protocol.
I see in another thread, that you have already created a simple signal using RemoteMaster, so you have that part down. The Nec1 signal is a pretty easy signal to create but does take some assembly code. The standard Nec executor is very complicated because it creates many types of signals. However, if you have alanrichies special protocols merged with your protocols.ini, you will see the NEC1 (No Repeats) protocol, which is a simplified executor with a minimum amount of assembly code.
Code:
Label   Op        Op Args          Comments
        REMOTE    S3C8+       
        DB        44h,8Ch          ;37.735 kHz 33.018%
        DB        21h              ;2 dev, 1 cmd
        JR        LFF17       
        DB        CFh              ;pf0: 11001111=devs,cmds,dev-cmd,OffAsTotal
        DB        4Ch              ;pf1: 01001100=LI-half,1on-LO
        DB        08h              ;pd00: DevBits1=8
        DB        08h              ;pd01: CmdBits1=8
        DW        0121h            ;pd02/03: 1-burst on=578 uS
        DW        0106h            ;pd04/05: 1-burst off=564 uS
        DW        0121h            ;pd06/07: 0-burst on=578 uS
        DW        0331h            ;pd08/09: 0-burst off=1674 uS
        DW        D4FDh            ;pd0A/0B: Leadout off=109050 uS
        DW        11A7h            ;pd0C/0D: Leadin on=9038 uS
        DW        08B7h            ;pd0E/0F: Leadin off=4502 uS

LFF17:  INC       CBYTES           ;Increase the number of command bytes
        LD        DCBUF+3,DCBUF+2  ;copy the function byte to the next byte
        COM       DCBUF+3          ;complement the last byte
        JP        XMITIR           ;send the signal

On the Functions tab in Manual Settings window in RemoteMaster you will find some predefined constants that we are going to be using.
Code:

R0D      RPT
      Number of repeats required.

012CH      ChkPowerKey
      Test if pressed key is Power, return with Carry bit set if yes, clear if no.

The slingbox treats repeating the same way our traditional remotes treat a key in a macro. The RPT is set to 3 unless otherwise specified, and this is only used if the protocol data is set to use repeats. Consequently we do mods to tweak the repeating values to improve macro and slingbox operations.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:23 am; edited 2 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, some of the code from the main NEC executor that is missing is needed here. As you know, the NEC1 signal doesn't hold like normal signals (ie, where you just repeat the main data string), this one sends out that "ditto" signal, so we'll need some of that code here, and that might be a bit hard for someone just starting out to do.

So, I think one of us should do it. Do u want to have first crack at it?

And chuliu, I tried looking up your device, is it the Satella Zero that you have, or do you really have an S2 version of this?
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B006D4MX2A
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

this one sends out that "ditto" signal, so we'll need some of that code here, and that might be a bit hard for someone just starting out to do.

So, I think one of us should do it.

Chuliu has shown real interest in this process, and it has been a long time since anyone new has gotten this far, but you are right this is a very difficult exercise for someone at the beginning stage.

Quote:
Do u want to have first crack at it?

Oh please be my guest!!!!!! Laughing Getting repeating to work right is always one of those trial and error things for me.

I am going to try to finish up my post above to see if I can get my own head around how you do this in RemoteMaster.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Vicky, some of the code from the main NEC executor that is missing is needed here. As you know, the NEC1 signal doesn't hold like normal signals (ie, where you just repeat the main data string), this one sends out that "ditto" signal, so we'll need some of that code here, and that might be a bit hard for someone just starting out to do.

So, I think one of us should do it. Do u want to have first crack at it?

And chuliu, I tried looking up your device, is it the Satella Zero that you have, or do you really have an S2 version of this?
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B006D4MX2A

I have satella 2:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00SD6SJE2/

It is next gen of satella zero.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a file that you can load into Protocol Builder that shows how the NEC executor works:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13648

And this file has some pseudo code that helps explain it:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2095

I was wrong earlier about the executor needing some special logic for the ditto strings, I was thinking of the NECx1 protocol.

So anyway, I just wrote an executor that should send NEC1 and supports 2 device codes, and supports a long press of the RECORD button. I chose record because there is a called function that tests for it, and I checked that you weren't already using the button in your upgrade code.

Here's the PB file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13649

I haven't tested this upgrade is anyway as I figured you'd like to do that, and maybe make any corrections that are necessary.

You need to set the number of repeats that you need via the first fixed byte field, so you will need to treat that one as MSB even though the device codes are LSB.

Does that make sense? And Vicky, I hope you are following along too.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I just want to confirm how to do it.
I load the pb file into pb and copy the protocol decode and paste it into remotemaster. I check LSB for 2nd and 3rd device byte, as well as command byte. Then main device byte is where I set the repeat.

I ask because if I check nec 1 no repeat protocol, either device byte or command byte are msb( lsb unchecked)

Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth is, I don't know how you do it in RM, the manual protocol stuff in RM has always been a mystery to me. So, I created it in KM, which has better support for manual protocols, and then imported the KM file into RM.

I have set the number of repeats of the POWER/RECORD button to 8, you can adjust this higher or lower by changing the first device code in RM.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13650
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: