JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bin file for NANO SE Premium satellite receiver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghobranios

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Bin file for NANO SE Premium satellite receiver Reply with quote

Anybody has the bin file for NANO SE Premium with USB PVR ready. I used to have it long ago but I lost it.
Any help.
I tried the three bin files in the forms and was no luck.
Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you specifically try this one...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9605

And if so, do you have answers to all of Al's usual questions?
ghobranios

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Bin file for NANO SE Premium satellite receiver Reply with quote

Yes, I tried that one and was no luck.

1. What model Slingbox do you have? slingbox AV Model SB240-100
2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button? YES THE MESSAGE WAS "NO UPDATE FOUND PLEASE CLICK NEXT TO CONTINUE".
3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down) YES.
4. If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files? YES.
5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work? NO, JUST DISTURBING THE PICTURE.
6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a 350/500 have you tried using the external blaster? YES I CAN SEE THE LIGHT.
7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster? On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly. Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass. YES.
8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote? YES.
9. Are you sure your device is set to use IR ? Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it. YES
10. If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ? NO I DON'T HAVE.
11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has been found to help. YES.
12. Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote? If so let me know. NO.

Note: Long ago somebody send me by e-mail a bin file and it was working fine, unfortunately I lost it.

THANK YOU.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I can help. Nano is not recognised as a manufacturer in the Logitech IR database, they only have NanoXX or NanoSat. But googling does seem to indicate the manufacturer is NanoSat. Regardless, nothing relevant appears under NanoXX and the only Nanosat receiver is the Nano Premium, which you say you have already tried.

So I'm a bit stuck.

BTW, there is no such Slingbox as an AV Solo. There is an AV and there is a Solo, but they are totally different.

Later: Found it !! It is actually called a NanoSat Nano Premium SE not what you said. You must be careful with your model names. The bad news is that it confirms what we suspected that the Special Edition uses the same codes as the ordinary Nano Premium.

So you must be doing something wrong, although all my suggestions are in the questions. Question 2 is an odd one. I would try again but use the instructions at http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghobranios, you're obviously someone who likes to buy unusual brands of equipment, and there's nothing wrong with that at all, but I would recommend that you buy yourself a cheap JP1 learning remote and cable so that you can learn the signals yourself and create an upgrade/bin file.

And even if creating a bin file is beyond your skills, learning the signals will be enough as Al or one of us can create the bin file from them.

The Nevo C2 is a great remote that comes JP1-ready with its own USB cable and sells for just $17 on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221668801447

But if you prefer a more traditional remote, you can get the RCA RCRP05BR for about $10:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171975766848

And a JP1 cable for $9:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261101529602

Note: you will need to glue the ends of the cable together to form a JP1 connector, more info here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16360
ghobranios

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Bin file for NANO SE Premium satellite receiver Reply with quote

Thank you.
I will be waiting for Chris Walters response. Rolling Eyes
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Bin file for NANO SE Premium satellite receiver Reply with quote

ghobranios wrote:
Yes, I tried that one and was no luck.
1. What model Slingbox do you have? AV SOLO.
2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button? YES THE MESSAGE WAS "NO UPDATE FOUND PLEASE CLICK NEXT TO CONTINUE".

Did I miss something later in the thread or was there a private exchange, showing that ghobranios ever put the correct bin file in the correct place, so that the bin was found and actually tested?

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that message doesn't mean that. Rather stupidly, if the BIN file is in the wrong place the message is "Invalid BIN File". That message means that the remote image selected is already on the computer. I actually don't know what the present situation is either Very Happy
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH! I think you have probably told me that before too!

So does that check that yields "NO UPDATE FOUND PLEASE CLICK NEXT TO CONTINUE" mean there are no changes in the current custom file? Or does that mean that any previously loaded C2010_xx file will block the next C2010 file unless the unit is reset or the bin is recompiled with a new number?

Sorry to be a dolt, maybe this will sink in eventually.

Vicky
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it just applies to the image file. The bug with blocking was fixed a long time ago, so each time you load a BIN file it overwrites the old one.

You need to get a Slingbox Very Happy
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:

You need to get a Slingbox Very Happy

Down here in FL I'm a member of a computer user's group that has seasonal people from all over the world, and I've yet to find anybody with a slingbox. It seems most people just stream directly from their local news station so they can get the news, and they are too busy having fun in the sun to worry about other tv based entertainment.
ghobranios

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Bin file for NANO SE Premium satellite receiver Reply with quote

I don't know what happened but the good news is after I put the bin file for nanosat premium and I gave up I tried it yesterday and all of a sudden it's working. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thank you.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was correct. Glad it's sorted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: